Does this have a blinking light when a email or text message is received?

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Its noticeable. You can't have this type of awesome battery life with the phone blinking like a lighthouse on the Atlantic every time someone sends a text, right? :D

haevolution

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen my phone blink at all.

If yours doesn't work you may need to do a factory restore. That's what I ended up having to do as the notification light did not work for missed text/calls/etc. Something breaks the notification LED light when you allow Google to restore your backed up apps on the initial setup.

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It's plenty bright if you glance at your phone. Coming from other phones which would notify the entire room you have a email/text.

Just another + in the column for HTC for subtle yet good features. I don't need a spot light to notify me lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

ahdez

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If yours doesn't work you may need to do a factory restore. That's what I ended up having to do as the notification light did not work for missed text/calls/etc. Something breaks the notification LED light when you allow Google to restore your backed up apps on the initial setup.

I needa try this cause mine dont work either.. only blinks when battery is low.. supposably HTC is aware and trying to fix it

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I believe the text color for notification is yellow. I don't think I have my email set up with the led notify light. It would 've going off every 2 minutes lol.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I believe the text color for notification is yellow. I don't think I have my email set up with the led notify light. It would 've going off every 2 minutes lol.

Never seen any other colours than red/orange for charging and green for everything else.

I do like the fact that it's more subtle than other phones and not like trying to sleep in a wedding disco with notifications flashing away.

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Never seen any other colours than red/orange for charging and green for everything else.

I do like the fact that it's more subtle than other phones and not like trying to sleep in a wedding disco with notifications flashing away.

Lol your right it's green not yellow, just checked. I guess subtle enough to mistake. Anyway I love how it's behind the grill and not needing to have a separate sensor which you can see. Subtle and to the point.