optional email account

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Guys,

I love the M8 so far I went from 5s to one and then tried s5 for 3 days and back to the one I am and sticking with it.

Only thing I do not like is stock email app, I do not like not being able to multiple select items to delete or mark all as read.

k9 i heard was good but if I switch to a third party email will I be receiving duplicate emails like I do with text? Or is there a way to disable the stock email? And while I ask that is there also a way to disable the stock text messenger? I found Textra awesome and prefer it over stock text app.

Thank you for all your help.

Darkhan

Jp5Cj2FGK3

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
The stock email app will let you multiple select items to delete and mark all as read. Just select one email item, then click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner, you will get the option for "Select All"

If you do want to switch and avoid getting duplicate emails, I would think all you would have to do is remove the email account from the Mail app...no account, no notification.

Text messages can be sent to Textra and not to the stock text message app by going to your Settings -> Wireless & Networks (More) -> Default SMS App and select Textra

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've used K-9 for a long time. I don't like the stock mail app in the m8. I tried it and am switching back to K-9 today. It might be that I'm used to K-9 only but I prefer the way it works over the stock app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome