Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

Have you traded your S5 or iPhone for the M8?

• Total voters

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope I wouldn't never give up the s5 to get the m8. Why would I downgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

Hahaha. Good one--downgrading. According to CNET, you need a complimentary icepack to put up against your shiny new S5 since it gets so overheated that it can't run at full steam during a graphics test.

I guess I shouldn't say your S5 is shiny. It is a piece of crummy plastic. I have to admit, the vibrating back door to your S5 is awesome when you turn your sound up. If you put your head under some water, that vibration may almost sound like bass as opposed to a cheap vibrating hunk of plastic on a poorly constructed phone.

If you don't believe the need for an icepack to get the S5 to function properly, go ahead and stroll over to the CNET review. It is under the performance section: http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-galaxy-s5/2/

Enjoy your laggy TouchPizz interface.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha. Good one--downgrading. According to CNET, you need a complimentary icepack to put up against your shiny new S5 since it gets so overheated that it can't run at full steam during a graphics test.

I guess I shouldn't say your S5 is shiny. It is a piece of crummy plastic. I have to admit, the vibrating back door to your S5 is awesome when you turn your sound up. If you put your head under some water, that vibration may almost sound like bass as opposed to a cheap vibrating hunk of plastic on a poorly constructed phone.

If you don't believe the need for an icepack to get the S5 to function properly, go ahead and stroll over to the CNET review. It is under the performance section: http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-galaxy-s5/2/

Enjoy your laggy TouchPizz interface.

Funny I ran the same test. It only gets warm. And no lag at all smooth as butter.

Enjoy your scratched up metal back. And crappy camera

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Funny I ran the same test. It only gets warm. And no lag at all smooth as butter.

Enjoy your scratched up metal back. And crappy camera

Thanks, enjoy your cute little golf-ball dimpled plastic back. Enjoy your tinny, mono, sad little speaker that vibrates the back of your phone. Enjoy the fact that you could use it as a space heater for a 2800 square foot house on a cold winter night, but will have slower gameplay because your processor is throttled back due to overheating. Enjoy the inability to get a loud speaker phone call. Enjoy your laggy ToucPizz interface.

LCFC Tom

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, enjoy your cute little golf-ball dimpled plastic back. Enjoy your tinny, mono, sad little speaker that vibrates the back of your phone. Enjoy the fact that you could use it as a space heater for a 2800 square foot house on a cold winter night, but will have slower gameplay because your processor is throttled back due to overheating. Enjoy the inability to get a loud speaker phone call. Enjoy your laggy ToucPizz interface.

Also touch gestures is neat

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I use headphones so I could cate less about speakers

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

What lag. And what heat. This thing barely gets warm.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
What lag. And what heat. This thing barely gets warm.

I provided you the link to CNET in a prior post. You must have gotten your complimentary icepack from Samsung to keep the overheating to a minimum on your little plastic phone... or you are a fanboy.

- - - Updated - - -

This is fun. Let's keep arguing over personal preferences.

Says the guy who posted that the M8 was a downgrade to the S5 despite the S5's clear deficiencies in every category other than-- the camera.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I provided you the link to CNET in a prior post. You must have gotten your complimentary icepack from Samsung to keep the overheating to a minimum on your little plastic phone... or you are a fanboy.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy who posted that the M8 was a downgrade to the S5 despite the S5's clear deficiencies in every category other than-- the camera.

CNET must have a defective unit. No one I know that has a s5 has those problem. The m8 being a down grade is my opinion, don't get too **** hurt over it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Debating the 2 phones is great and all but could we keep it civil please?

After all they are just phones... Phones with many similar and different features that we'll like and choose accordingly.

Size, build, material, screens, cameras, ui, color... Put fourth what YOU like about your phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
CNET must have a defective unit. No one I know that has a s5 has those problem. The m8 being a down grade is my opinion, don't get too **** hurt over it.

Well, lots of people must have defective units because there is a thread of S5 people complaining about the Touchwiz lag over in their forums. Go hang out there for a bit.

Thankfully, my legal assistant has an S5 and she put it in a nice little zebra stripe case because it is too hot to hold when she plays Candy Crush. So cute...

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, lots of people must have defective units because there is a thread of S5 people complaining about the Touchwiz lag over in their forums. Go hang out there for a bit.

Thankfully, my legal assistant has an S5 and she put it in a nice little zebra stripe case because it is too hot to hold when she plays Candy Crush. So cute...

Lol

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Debating the 2 phones is great and all but could we keep it civil please?

After all they are just phones... Phones with many similar and different features that we'll like and choose accordingly.

Size, build, material, screens, cameras, ui, color... Put fourth what YOU like about your phone.

Alright. I am done talking on this thread. It will take me too long to talk about how nice the HTC One M8 is. Greatest. Phone. Ever. That's not to say there is not room for improvement in future models, but at this point in time, it is the greatest phone ever when considering the whole package versus the competition.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Alright. I am done talking on this thread. It will take me too long to talk about how nice the HTC One M8 is. Greatest. Phone. Ever. That's not to say there is not room for improvement in future models, but at this point in time, it is the greatest phone ever when considering the whole package versus the competition.

I'm still on my M7 (which I thought was last year's top phone) and I really like the M8 so far. I'm not upgrade eligible till July so I'll have another look at what's out then. Only thing holding me is the bezel.

Last edited:

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
In still on my M7 (which I thought was last year's top phone) and I really like the M8 so far. I'm not upgrade eligible till July so I'll have another look at what's out then. Only thing holding me is the bezel.

I never really noticed the bezel. The easiest way to put my appreciation of this phone into words is as follows:

I used to buy laptops all the time searching for the perfect computer that made me happy and performed the way I wanted it to. I went through, over the course of two years, a 11.5" HP laptop, 17" HP laptop, a 14" Sony Vaio, and a HP Netbook. I finally got fed up and bought a new 13" aluminum Macbook Pro in 2009. I have not ever looked at buying another laptop since that day. I am still using the 2009 Macbook Pro and it runs almost as well as the first day I bought it.

When I picked up the HTC One M8 at Verizon the day after it came out, I got the same feeling I did when I finally bought the Macbook Pro in 2009. I found the phone that does what I want it to do, and it feels solid and premium. It does not squeak, flex, or show any signs of cheap construction. I have had the M8 since the end of March and every time I use the phone or even look at it, I feel like I finally found what I have been searching for. I don't think I will look at purchasing another smartphone for at least two years. It doesn't hurt that it looks a heck of a lot like my aluminum Macbook Pro. They compliment each other well in court.