Weird LED Notification Issue

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
So, my green LED notifications worked fine up until today...they just stopped working suddenly.

Then I plugged my phone in the charger and unplugged it, tested the LED again and it worked...ONCE...but not after that. It seems to work once after it's unplugged from the charger which is odd to me at least. I really don't want to back up and restore and manually download all my apps, I just got this phone two days ago. Any suggestions or fixes?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
How are you testing it? I would double check your notification settings under "display & gestures" and have someone text and email you and see if the Notification light works.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Have someone else text you. Your device might somehow know that you are texting yourself from the same device and not cause an alert. I've seen this happen with email.

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I had my phone on silent in class, on my desk, so I could see if I got any notifications by the LED, when I checked my phone after class, I had some emails and FB messages but my LED never blinked.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'd check you settings under "display and gestures" and then check Facebook settings to ensure notifications is selected

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
restored and still doesn't work. beyond furious i have to re-download all these apps and get back all my settings.

- - - Updated - - -

and after restoring my haptic feedback doesn't seem to work. wonderful.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmm that's a bummer, if you're really dissatisfied and feel something is wrong take it in and have a tech check it out, or exchange it

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk