Which phone is better, GALAXY S5 or HTC ONE M8?

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I originally bought the s5 but after a week with it moved to the m8. M8 much better from an experience standpoint. S5 was laggy.

Posted via Android Central App

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually going to disagree. I think the camera really holds the M8 back. I'm currently using the S5 and the camera (and water resistance) are the two things that really brought me to the S5. Cell phone camera is a huge feature to me and HTC One missed the mark on it again.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am actually going to disagree with you. I think smoothness of the OS is paramount. The M8 is just so smooth, no lag at all. The camera while not the best is adequate for most situations. Yes the S5 has a better camera spec wise, but under most situations the benefits are negligible. And why is water proofing such a big deal. Do most people go swimming or take a bath with their device? TouchWiz makes the S5 laggy. The M8 provides a more pleasing overall experience.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually going to disagree. I think the camera really holds the M8 back. I'm currently using the S5 and the camera (and water resistance) are the two things that really brought me to the S5. Cell phone camera is a huge feature to me and HTC One missed the mark on it again.

Are you talking from experience or just what people on the S5 forum say about the M8?
Have a look through all of this thread and see what is capable with the M8 camera from people with a range of photography skills.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/376316-htc-one-m8-photos-videos-thread.html
I disagree the camera hold the M8 back, in fact I'd argue it's one of it's strong points.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 kids so the ability to take great shots when I need to is paramount. I love the fact that with the S5 I can really bring my phone into a waterpark or pool in the summer time and get great shots without having to dodge water every other second. I also think the lag is completely overblown and it's the cool thing to pick on. In the almost week since I've had the S5 I can't think of a single time I've seen a stutter to get hung up while moving from app to app or page to page. It's not perfect, but it works quite well.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking from experience or just what people on the S5 forum say about the M8?
Have a look through all of this thread and see what is capable with the M8 camera from people with a range of photography skills.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/376316-htc-one-m8-photos-videos-thread.html
I disagree the camera hold the M8 back, in fact I'd argue it's one of it's strong points.

Every single review I have watched and read has pointed to the camera as the weak spot of the M8 (and I've read and watched a lot). Sure it can take good shots at times but when every single reviewer points out the camera, it's definitely something I notice and take seriously. I had the M7 last year and the camera was a complete buzz kill for me.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 kids so the ability to take great shots when I need to is paramount. I love the fact that with the S5 I can really bring my phone into a waterpark or pool in the summer time and get great shots without having to dodge water every other second.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Every single review I have watched and read has pointed to the camera as the weak spot of the M8 (and I've read and watched a lot). Sure it can take good shots at times but when every single reviewer points out the camera, it's definitely something I notice and take seriously. I had the M7 last year and the camera was a complete buzz kill for me.

Most of the reviews moan about the lack of megapixels which shows how little they know.
Seems to be fashionable more than informed to bash the M8 camera.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Why do we continue to debate this stuff. People are prideful of the device they chose or want. It makes them feel better about themselves and superior to others who made the "wrong" choice. Be happy with what we have. It's a personal choice.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Why do we continue to debate this stuff. People are prideful of the device they chose or want. It makes them feel better about themselves and superior to others who made the "wrong" choice. Be happy with what we have. It's a personal choice.

Exactly.. either you like one company and slam the other or you are neutral and base the decision from your personal pros and cons. Simple as that.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

I enjoy the debate. I'm on the fence about my S5. I'm not 100% happy with it and am looking for reasons and personal experience to jump to it.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Most of the reviews moan about the lack of megapixels which shows how little they know.
Seems to be fashionable more than informed to bash the M8 camera.

Any reviewer who even mentions the megapixel count as the primary reason for the subpar performance immediately discredited in my book.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy