My phone makes bzz like sounds

Mattia Gerardi

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, i noticed yesterday when it arrived at my home, after booting it and tested the speakers, that when i listen at max volume some music, 0 problems, but when i watch a youtube video or i activate voice over call it makes bzz sounds like here and there. Is it my handset that have some hardware problems or what? Or i can fix that by using the toothbrush trick on the speakers?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, i noticed yesterday when it arrived at my home, after booting it and tested the speakers, that when i listen at max volume some music, 0 problems, but when i watch a youtube video or i activate voice over call it makes bzz sounds like here and there. Is it my handset that have some hardware problems or what? Or i can fix that by using the toothbrush trick on the speakers?

What toothbrush trick on the speakers?

Posted via Android Central App

Mattia Gerardi

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I saw a video today on youtube, where a guy used slowly a toothbrush on an m7 on the speaker grills to "clean" them from the dust or dirt. I dunno if it works

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw a video today on youtube, where a guy used slowly a toothbrush on an m7 on the speaker grills to "clean" them from the dust or dirt. I dunno if it works

Personally I wouldn't recommend that. What carrier are you on? I would go to your local carrier store and see if you can exchange it for another one. It shouldn't be doing what you're describing, at least mine doesn't.

Mattia Gerardi

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunatly, i bought a unlocked Sim Phone, i Live in Italy. Thanks for the help, i ll contact HTC and see what can i do

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem with mine. It was usually listening to the voice mail recording (female voice) telling me which options and their associated numbers to press. For example, "press 4 for more options" and I would hear a tsk or pfht or maybe a crackling type sound. I exchanged it for a new phone at the sprint store and all good ever since. I hypothesized it was either a bad speaker or they didn't tighten them down properly when they built the phone so at certain frequencies it would rattle or vibrate. Either way I don't think you can fix it yourself. Good luck.