Weird icon on status bar when sending a text???

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Theres a weird icon thats there for literally a fraction of a second when a text is sent. I dont think it was there since I had the phone but has been appearing. What is it? How can I get rid of it?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed it as well. It's so quick I can't tell what it is. I haven't noticed anything weird at all, so I'm not letting it bother me. It's not every time, though.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it, no icon for me (I'm on AT&T). Although I was sending myself a text, so don't know if that matters

Posted via Android Central App

Casey Rogers1

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing this as well. I managed to snap a screenshot of it. I have reached out to htc and they have provided me with many failed attempts as to explain what this is and why its happening. It's pretty weird and frustrating. Seems to be happening on the m7 and m8 devices. What is this?Screenshot_2014-06-05-21-49-12.png

gnwest

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing this as well. I managed to snap a screenshot of it. I have reached out to htc and they have provided me with many failed attempts as to explain what this is and why its happening. It's pretty weird and frustrating. Seems to be happening on the m7 and m8 devices. What is this?View attachment 122460

Are you using the stock messaging app or Verizon's messaging app? I believe the Verizon app has the ability to send text messages via wifi and data connections and report as such via notifications.

lactosedept

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I see it too, comes up every time I send or receive a text. I believe this is the cause.

Attachments

• 25466.jpg
    25466.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 117
  • 25468.jpg
    25468.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 116

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my M8 did that for the brief time I had it... It was a Verizon M8.

Never could figure out what it was.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Casey Rogers1

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Well as of today I gave a replacement device in the mail. After speaking with htc again on the matter I was referred to at&t technical support. They remotely logged into my phone and had me replicate the problem. After seeing it and seeing that I had already performed a factory reset she then got all of my info for a replacement. So still no answer as to what's causing it but looks like it's covered under the warranty.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's normal. I noticed it on my M7 after the Kit Kat update, and my M8 is doing the same thing.

KKILLION79

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Noticed the same thing. I was getting paranoid because the icon looked like the screenshot icon, but the data icon does look like it as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae