Don't drop it!

wickdaman

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My TMobile rep told me that HTC will replace the screen free if you bust it within the first year. Also you need a case for this phone because its sooo heavy. This is an amazing case. click below..
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...has-best-looking-phone-case-i-have-owned.html

It's extremely unlikely this is true. Manufacturers won't fix anything for free unless it's a malfunction within the warranty period (2 years with HTC).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I waited an entire week before I used my m8 until my case came in I left it in the box. I orderd a nice clear case for it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

cdaq

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
It's extremely unlikely this is true. Manufacturers won't fix anything for free unless it's a malfunction within the warranty period (2 years with HTC).

It is true. One free screen replacement within the first 6 months.

cdaq

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
That's insanely nice of them, but wonder how they can afford to offer that service!

Oh c'mon, the service is not "free", we are are paying for the phone after all. I'm sure HTC priced in a kind of 1 time insurance policy into the total cost of the phone. Those math and finance guys are pretty smart.

wickdaman

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh c'mon, the service is not "free", we are are paying for the phone after all. I'm sure HTC priced in a kind of 1 time insurance policy into the total cost of the phone. Those math and finance guys are pretty smart.

Hmm, surprised Samsung haven't done the same considering the similar pricing...

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, surprised Samsung haven't done the same considering the similar pricing...

Samsung sells millions already, they don't need to give away anything. Plus they put the extra $ into higher quality internal parts:) I would rather have a great camera than a what if I drop my phone during the first 6 months policy.

Posted via Android Central App

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I would rather have a great camera than a what if I drop my phone during the first 6 months policy.

And yet another non-camera thread where the dead horse is being beaten yet again.. time to move on buddy. And apparently those 'lower quality' internal parts are running circles around the S5 speed-wise. :confused:

Oh, and sorry for your loss Kibbs, HTC will do the right thing for ya. Unlike other companies out there, they seem to give a crap about their customers.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
If HTC do actually replace my screen for free that's what I call customer service and they might have me as a customer for life.
Customer service makes a difference imho.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If HTC do actually replace my screen for free that's what I call customer service and they might have me as a customer for life.
Customer service makes a difference imho.

In January I contacted them (HTC) with a problem and they were really great to deal with. Hope you have the same experience

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Samsung sells millions already, they don't need to give away anything. Plus they put the extra $ into higher quality internal parts:) I would rather have a great camera than a what if I drop my phone during the first 6 months policy.

Why do you hang around the M8 forums? The S5 forums would love for you to be there to brag about the "amazing" S5 camera.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
At least you agree that it's amazing.

It is a nice camera, no doubt. The M8 handles my needs just fine though. I don't use my cell phone camera for anything but images I'm going to share via social media, and it is excellent for that. If I'm going to do any real picture taking, I'm going to have my actual camera anyway. I can appreciate the need people have for having a better cell phone camera, but there is no need to hang in the competing devices forum just to talk about the camera of your preferred device. You're not being paid by the company, so just enjoy your phone.

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Got to admit, the phone is a slippery bugger and I daren't use it one handed when walking about like I used to do with the Note even though the Note was more bulky, it wasn't slippery.

It is slippery, but for me it's more because the last phone I had had a rubberized back so it was really easy to hold on to in comparison. I'll say that even though it's only been a few weeks, I think it's a little less slippery than I first got it. It looks exactly the same, I just think my hands might've worn down a tiny bit of the polish, but it's a good thing to me since the grey seemed a little too polished to begin with. I've completely got used to it though. I'm spinning my One in my hand like every phone before it.

I just know my One is going to get destroyed. I'm going to crack the screen, or have a massive dent, or leave a big ugly scar. That's not a knock on the quality of HTC or the One or anything, I've just been too lucky for too long. Eventually, I'm gonna break one of my phones; it hasn't happened yet, but it's gotta happen sometime. One day my phone is just going to randomly explode or something haha.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. It always saddens me to hear about a broken phone

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That's insanely nice of them, but wonder how they can afford to offer that service!

It's called HTC Advantage. It includes one free screen replacement in the first six months of ownership and 2 years of promised software updates

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ouch that sucks! If it makes you feel any better, mine fell out of my back pocket when getting out of my friends truck and it landed vertically on the pavement. Thankfully it didn't crack but it does have this nasty ding on it! What sucks is that this happened the day before I received my dot view case!

HTC One M8 already dropped!

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ouch that sucks! If it makes you feel any better, mine fell out of my back pocket when getting out of my friends truck and it landed vertically on the pavement. Thankfully it didn't crack but it does have this nasty ding on it! What sucks is that this happened the day before I received my dot view case!

[url]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3803/13927326536_23783eb8db_c.jpg[/url]HTC One M8 already dropped!

Happened to me last year with my m7 I have been extremely careful with my m8

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Please keep things on topic. Corrective action has been taken for posts violating the forum rules. Intentionally posting in a manner that violates the forum rules is not allowed. Please review the link to the community guidelines in my signature.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Last edited: