HTC TV auto wake

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So I was playing around with the HTC TV app, and in the settings, there is a setting called Auto Wake, which is supposed to wake the phone up automatically when you pick the phone up while using the app. However, I cannot get it to work. Does it work for anyone else? Obviously it's not a big deal to just hit the power button, but when I'm in full couch potato mode, it would be nice if the app just woke the phone up when I pick it up off the table.

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you exiting the app or switching to another before the screen locks? It will only auto wake if the screen locks while still in the review app.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you exiting the app or switching to another before the screen locks? It will only auto wake if the screen locks while still in the review app.

I let my screen turn off while still in the tv app

Posted via Android Central App

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Yep. That's the only way it'll work. The question was actually directed at @sitlet, though :)

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site

That was it. I thought that just leaving it in the notification panel would be enough. But you have to leave the app open. AND you have to let the screen go to sleep on it's own. I have a habit of taping the power button to sleep the phone as soon as I'm done doing whatever. But it won't work unless you let the phone sleep on its own. Thanks all!