Such M8 very battery wow

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have found that once the phone was about 5 days old it started to last even longer, not sure if thats even possible? My phone has been on today for 9 hours, 85% battery remaining. Typically my iphone 5 would be at around 35-40% by now if not less.

So you think my m8's battery is still premature? This is my 3rd day using my phone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398785974910.jpg
    1398785974910.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 37

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
So you think my m8's battery is still premature? This is my 3rd day using my phone

i think it is just you're cell phone reception that is killing you're battery,because it has to use more power to maintain a signal and you only have one bar :s

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
i think it is just you're cell phone reception that is killing you're battery,because it has to use more power to maintain a signal and you only have one bar :s

Yeah, maybe also because of my signal because throughout the day i only get 1-2 bars. I even called HTC, they said that i should go into safe mode and observe the usage of the battery and will be reporting tomorrow to them.

I dont wanna optimize it, like using power saver mode because it defeats the purpose of what the phones battery is capable of. I mean i've seen alot twice as better as mine

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, maybe also because of my signal because throughout the day i only get 1-2 bars. I even called HTC, they said that i should go into safe mode and observe the usage of the battery and will be reporting tomorrow to them.

I dont wanna optimize it, like using power saver mode because it defeats the purpose of what the phones battery is capable of. I mean i've seen alot twice as better as mine
yeah i understand,i also don't use power saver mode,only time i switch it on is when i'm about to go sleep.hopefully you start seeing better results soon,but having one or two bars will really drain a phone,what phone did you have before the htc one m8? did you also get bad reception on you're last phone?

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
yeah i understand,i also don't use power saver mode,only time i switch it on is when i'm about to go sleep.hopefully you start seeing better results soon,but having one or two bars will really drain a phone,what phone did you have before the htc one m8? did you also get bad reception on you're last phone?

That's is why i'm really that OCD right now because i'm afraid that ill have a phone only lasts half the day. That phone was the Samsung Galaxy S2, it's been awhile since i've upgraded and now i really wanted the best battery life for my phone. I was even rotting the S2 just to use it regularly and was really optimizing it to the bones, like always swtiching wifi off. I haven't used mobile data for a year now on my S2 because it's useless. My S2 before has a good reception but i think i was a bad unit. Now i don't wanna get back to that experience again.

I hope it goes well with my HTC one m8

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
That's is why i'm really that OCD right now because i'm afraid that ill have a phone only lasts half the day. That phone was the Samsung Galaxy S2, it's been awhile since i've upgraded and now i really wanted the best battery life for my phone. I was even rotting the S2 just to use it regularly and was really optimizing it to the bones, like always swtiching wifi off. I haven't used mobile data for a year now on my S2 because it's useless. My S2 before has a good reception but i think i was a bad unit. Now i don't wanna get back to that experience again.

I hope it goes well with my HTC one m8
yeah i'm like that too,even though i get good battery life i'm always checking on my battery stats every few minutes,you're on AT&T right? i'm not sure if this will help but AT&T 3G MicroCell - Wireless Signal Booster - Wireless from AT&T i don't know much about it,but it boosts your mobile cell reception,so you should get 5 bars in you're house with that,i think its worth a look

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
yeah i'm like that too,even though i get good battery life i'm always checking on my battery stats every few minutes,you're on AT&T right? i'm not sure if this will help but AT&T 3G MicroCell - Wireless Signal Booster - Wireless from AT&T i don't know much about it,but it boosts your mobile cell reception,so you should get 5 bars in you're house with that,i think its worth a look

Ow wow Thank You and yes it is the At&t version but i'm planning on Unlocking it though so it doesn't matter if i use this. Most of the time i'm in the basement, maybe that is why i have a bad reception and i don't go out that much. I'm still diagnosing it right now, looping a video on youtube, my target will be 6-8 hours of on screen time using youtube and i know there is something wrong inside the phone like rogue apps cuz right now it's still on "safe mode" . Yours is just a phenomenal batt life :D

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Ow wow Thank You and yes it is the At&t version but i'm planning on Unlocking it though so it doesn't matter if i use this. Most of the time i'm in the basement, maybe that is why i have a bad reception and i don't go out that much. I'm still diagnosing it right now, looping a video on youtube, my target will be 6-8 hours of on screen time using youtube and i know there is something wrong inside the phone like rogue apps cuz right now it's still on "safe mode" . Yours is just a phenomenal batt life :D
no problem man,i have no idea how much the AT&T reception booster cost but its worth asking AT&T about it :) and you should uninstall all the apps you have then install them one by one to see which apps seem to be going rogue

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
no problem man,i have no idea how much the AT&T reception booster cost but its worth asking AT&T about it :) and you should uninstall all the apps you have then install them one by one to see which apps seem to be going rogue

Yeah, I really hope it's just the reception. I just want to know of whats wrong with my battery, its really okay with me if the factor is the reception or the apps because it will be a return again if its the hardware. I'll update tomorrow. :D

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I really hope it's just the reception. I just want to know of whats wrong with my battery, its really okay with me if the factor is the reception or the apps because it will be a return again if its the hardware. I'll update tomorrow. :D
yeah i'm about 90 percent sure its the reception,two days ago i was in a low reception area and i noticed my battery was draining a bit quicker than normal,so its probably that,hope it gets better though,good luck :)

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Have really only had one great day of battery life, and I still only topped out at around 4hrs SOT. Really wonder how you guys are getting 7-8hrs SoT from the device. You guys disabling anything, like Blinkfeed or Google Now?

Posted via Android Central App

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Here is my update on my phones batt. Thats all youtube and abit of texting. I know that it is really the signal that drains my battery. I only get 6 hours youtubing..but i think thats pretty good

Attachments

• 1398827204149.jpg
    1398827204149.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 1398827215495.jpg
    1398827215495.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 17

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
What have you done to make your phone revert to safe mode?

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
Just restart it.

Or you mean you want it to safe mode? Just turn off your "fast reboot" from the battery settings, turn your phone off then turn it back on, as soon as you see the htc logo long press the volume down button.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Just restart it.

Or you mean you want it to safe mode? Just turn off your "fast reboot" from the battery settings, turn your phone off then turn it back on, as soon as you see the htc logo long press the volume down button.

Why would you put it in safe mode on purpose?

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Here is my update on my phones batt. Thats all youtube and abit of texting. I know that it is really the signal that drains my battery. I only get 6 hours youtubing..but i think thats pretty good

honestly that's not bad at all,6 hours of mostly youtube use is pretty good,and since you're signal isn't very good i think that's normal

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
honestly that's not bad at all,6 hours of mostly youtube use is pretty good,and since you're signal isn't very good i think that's normal

Hehe yeah..im still playing Around though. Now im just switching to egde to have the best signal. :D

Question. Do you turn off your blinkfeed? How about google now? Or turn on all Google sync?

Last edited:

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hehe yeah..im still playing Around though. Now im just switching to egde to have the best signal. :D

Question. Do you turn off your blinkfeed? How about google now? Or turn on all Google sync?
oh no i keep my blinkfeed on all the time,i don't really use google now but i haven't disabled it and my google sync is on,all i pretty much did was set my brightness to the middle about 50% and i have auto brightness on and i set GPS to battery saver mode,and i mostly always keep wifi on to conserve battery life because mobile data drains it a bit faster but not by much since i get pretty decent signal,i also uninstalled or disabled most of the AT&T bloatware that came on the phone :)

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
oh no i keep my blinkfeed on all the time,i don't really use google now but i haven't disabled it and my google sync is on,all i pretty much did was set my brightness to the middle about 50% and i have auto brightness on and i set GPS to battery saver mode,and i mostly always keep wifi on to conserve battery life because mobile data drains it a bit faster but not by much since i get pretty decent signal,i also uninstalled or disabled most of the AT&T bloatware that came on the phone :)

Ok, ill keep my settings the same as yours. Yeah pretty much every att bloatware I disabled it. I hope when i get back to my old house i can get better signal and better battery. I always look at yours as the best gauge for battery life. Cheers man. Thank you again. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital