Update improved double tap?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone wale find that double tap works better after the update? I can use double tap and other gestures while my phone is on a flat surface. Used to have to pick it up to activate it.

Posted via Android Central App

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't tell, but for me double tap worked good from the beginning. I have a European M8 though and got the update at the same day I got my device, so I can't really know..

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, I think double tapping does have improved responsiveness. Before the update I had to tap pretty hard, but now my M8 responds to much lighter taps

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I still have to move mine after the update. In fact, it's even tougher to get it the swipe to work after the update, but double tapping seems to work fine.

katoc

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Definitely improved double tap on mine. Love the ability to wake the phone without lifting it off the table -- could not do that before the update.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
double tap isn't working that great 30% of the time. Sometimes I tap it like 20 times still doesn't wake... so i just wipe left or right

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon M8 and double tap has worked perfect from day one. I use it all the time along with swipe left or right. I wonder if it is certain carrier versions with the issue or if it's just totally random. Hope it is fixed with an update for those with the issue.

Sent from my HTC One M8

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks... Having just bought this phone, I too am a bit frustrated that I have to pick up the phone to double tap... 9/10 times on a flat surface it dos not work... However, I do find if I have just been using it and need to wake it up, the double tap works... but if has been idle for more than 5/10 mins, I have to lift it off the surface to wake...

I am not sure what this 'swipe' is... Anyone care to tell me how to change to this... Thx

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks... Having just bought this phone, I too am a bit frustrated that I have to pick up the phone to double tap... 9/10 times on a flat surface it dos not work... However, I do find if I have just been using it and need to wake it up, the double tap works... but if has been idle for more than 5/10 mins, I have to lift it off the surface to wake...

I am not sure what this 'swipe' is... Anyone care to tell me how to change to this... Thx

Unlock directly to an app by pressing the corresponding dock icon and swiping up
Unlock to most recent activity by swiping up from the middle of your screen
Unlock to Blinkfeed by swiping right from the middle of your screen
Unlock to your Homescreen by swiping left from the middle of your screen
Unlock to Google Now by swiping up from the very bottom of the screen

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance