Sell me on the m8 :)

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm stuck between the m8 and s5, I'm coming from a gs3. I just want all positive input on the HTC phone here. I made a similar thread on the s5 page:) thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by manni1to

I prefer the camera and the screen over the m8 but it still seems seems so slow. And I'm using a different launcher. Also the phone unlocks too easily. Today at work my s5 took 45 screen shots in my pocket!

I'm gonna focus on this for a minute. To me, slow is a key word here. If you're anything like me and you like your phones as fluid as possible, the m8 is gonna satisfy that need as much as possible. It is the closest thing in terms of speed to the nexus 5, which in my experience never misses a beat.

The m8 camera is stellar. How many people on fb are gonna tell you your white balance is slightly off and say you should have gone with the s5?

The screen on the m8?? Best one I've seen on a phone. Haven't seen the s5 screen in person but I have a hard time believing anyone its any better. Maybe just as good.

To each their own sir. No one here should have a say in your decision. But since you're basically crying for help and I'm a phone geek, this is my opinion. So pick a phone, any phone. As long as its the m8.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I just posted this on another thread in response to someone deciding between the two. These should apply to you too. I just don't feel like typing as much again. Lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mmmcheesedanish

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm a sales rep for a cell phone company.

Pros for M8 (which I own)
Amazing build quality, responsive OS, great sound, isn't as filled with bloatware and random features I'll never use, 32 GB onboard

Pros for S5
Removable battery, great screen, better camera

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
M8 is smooth, smooth, smooth. No slowness, no hiccups, no waiting. Every time I use my M8 it responds without any effort.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
-SENSE 6 is butter.
-No lag, no stutter, smooth as silk ALL the time.
-Sound quality is stellar.
-Screen is flawless.

There are a bunch of phones which are very damn good. Note 3 comes to mind. In my opinion the Samsung phones seem corny after you've used the M8 and SENSE 6 and I have only owned Samsung smartphones since 2010. The S, S2 and most recently coming from an S3 which by the way the camera app would freeze up on me 50% of the time.

Do what you think is right though. Don't let anyone tell you what you should like. Perhaps you try the S5 and think it is the cats pajamas and if so more power to you! I'm not on commission here :) and there are probably just as many people who think the exact opposite of what I do concerning these two phones. Honestly, either phone you choose is going to be the best smartphone you've ever owned up to this point most likely. Just play around with them, pull the trigger and don't look back until next year at this time when the M9 and S6 will be battling it out!

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I am also trying to decided if m8 is for me. Here is my list:

Faster UI
Double tap to wake
Premium metal body
Selective focus after picture is taken
Better front camera
Faster rear camera focus
Front facing speakers
Higher pixel density screen 441 ppi vs 432 ppi
Less bloat-ware

I also own a galaxy s3... and because the UI is so much slower on the s5 than m8, I already know s5 is not for me.
Because I am looking for a significant upgrade ...especially in UI responsiveness... tired of the laggy experience on my s3
Only thing that is appealing to me about s5 is the camera tho.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
OP keep this in mind.... the longer you own the S5 and the more apps you instal on your S5 THE SLOOOWER AND SLOOOOOOWER it will get. same with the phone freezing. it will happen more and more over time.

the HTC runs buttery smooth.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Better visibility outdoors (Cobravision on the other thread is a liar, reviews will tell you I'm right).
The phone feels great in the hands.
Sense 6 is one of the best, least intrusive, android skins out there. HTC follows Google design language amazingly well, better than most. Also it runs soooo smooth, you will likely never notice lag. Hell, in the developer options if you take away the animation time (or lower it) then things will come up instantly.
Blinkfeed is great for commutes and just when you're bored.
The battery life is supposed to bring you 6-8 hours of on screen time now, compared to the 3 I was getting with the m7. That's really great, I don't carry around batteries (never wanted to, never will) so a swappable battery is sort of useless to me and it might be to you.
Boomsound.
Front facing camera is one of the best out there, if you're into #selfies.

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Get the HTC one m8,its faster than any iPhone that's currently on the market,the battery life is great,and like others have said,HTC sense is one of the most smooth android skins out there.

Posted via Android Central App

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just returned my s5 for an m8 yesterday. I love it. Love sense. My step dad has the original m8 I had and its Google play edition. I actually prefer the sense edition. The pics I have been taking are perfect. I love how smooth and how fast the phone is. It feels great in the hand. My only complaint is the black bar at the bottom but I can move past it. Haha. Have had most flagships including the iPhone and I think this is my favorite phone. Ever.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just returned my s5 for an m8 yesterday. I love it. Love sense. My step dad has the original m8 I had and its Google play edition. I actually prefer the sense edition. The pics I have been taking are perfect. I love how smooth and how fast the phone is. It feels great in the hand. My only complaint is the black bar at the bottom but I can move past it. Haha. Have had most flagships including the iPhone and I think this is my favorite phone. Ever.

How is the battery life compared to the S5?

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It is a gr8 phone!!

Coming from a S4, then a G2, this thing is much smoother. No lag switching between apps.
The camera is good enough for me.
The front speakers are a must have!!
Build quality is top notch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie