Why is my M8 deleting my pictures!?

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had a clear understanding on the kitkat memory card issue. Day one with my M8 I took pictures and they were saved to my memory card and the phone deleted them and in the place of the picture was a triangle with an ! In the middle.. I thought the pht could still save pictures to the sd card! So I changed my settings to save pics to my internal memory and yet again today another picture gone and replaced by a triangle with an ! In the middle..

Any known fixes .. anyone else going through this??? I really hate to replace this phone after settings it all up!!! I'm so organized it takes me soooo long to set up my phone

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why is my M8 deleting my pictures!?!?!?!?!?@

What memory card are you using?

It's a scan disk 64g idk the specs on it.. I don't have a pin to get it out right now...but I took it right ok it of another device so I need to reformat it... But that still doesn't tell me why my pics taken and saved on my phone are being deleted

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... I just noticed that some how the camera went back to being set to save on the memory card..so the pictures I took this morning are gone and the ones from Sunday are still there because it's saved to my phone.... Yea I'll try reformatting my sd card tonight

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Just for anyone who reads this.... The issue was my lovely 64g sd card, it is stuck in read only