Wi-Fi stays connected, but not data comes through after a while.

mikeyangelo31

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Lately I've been having a little bit of an issue with my Wi-Fi connectivity on my HTC One M8. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please forgive me if this belongs in a different section of the forums. The problem I'm experiencing is this: When my phone is connected to Wi-Fi, it seems to stop receiving data from the router after maybe a half hour or so. It still shows that it is connected to the Wi-Fi network, but all apps and browsers are unable to access the internet. Also, this problem seems to be limited to my home Wi-Fi network since I have not seen this issue when connected other networks for extended periods of time. Other members of my family have android phones and they don't have this issue. I'm not sure what the problem could be, but I'd appreciate any ideas you all have.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Go into settings, wifi, menu, advance, and make sure keep wifi on during sleep is selected.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

mikeyangelo31

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I checked the Wi-Fi settings and it was already set to always keep the Wi-Fi on during sleep. So that wasn't the issue. I can't think of anything else to check.

Posted via Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I checked the Wi-Fi settings and it was already set to always keep the Wi-Fi on during sleep. So that wasn't the issue. I can't think of anything else to check.

Posted via Android Central App

First thing I would suggest trying is opening wifi settings tap and hold on your home wifi listed there and select "forget", then sign back into your home wifi.
If that doesn't help, you can also try going into wifi settings, advanced and uncheck wifi optimization. More often than not I have found that the router firmware needs updating and that is the cause of internet connection issues with android phones but since others in your home are working this may not be the case. Although I would suggest checking the router for updates anyway.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
What wireless protocol does your router support? G, N, AC? How many devices are connected to your Wi-Fi when you notice the problem?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk