HTC One M8 Touch screen sensitivity

jaleelhamidd

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else have any problems when they try and touch the screen to perform actionns? I find in the Google keyboard when I click on a letter sometimes it doesn't work or when I try to go back on a app same result

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: Touch screen sensitivity

Touch screen sensitivity is fine with my M8. The only time I think it could be more responsive is when double tapping to wake up the device

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Touch screen sensitivity is fine with my M8. The only time I think it could be more responsive is when double tapping to wake up the device

The double tap to wake works after the gyroscope has been initiated and recognises that the phone has moved. So if it's just sitting flat on your desk and you double tap, it won't wake up the screen. You have lift the phone up (or move it a bit), the gyroscope recognises that the phone has moved, then it activates the touch capacitor, then double tap to wake will work.

May seem clumsy in implementation, however not having the capacitor on constantly saves battery life.

Also the M8 has among the best touch sensitivity of any phone on the market: http://blog.gsmarena.com/the-htc-one-m8-is-king-of-touch-screen-response-time/

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

The double tap to wake works after the gyroscope has been initiated and recognises that the phone has moved. So if it's just sitting flat on your desk and you double tap, it won't wake up the screen. You have lift the phone up (or move it a bit), the gyroscope recognises that the phone has moved, then it activates the touch capacitor, then double tap to wake will work.

May seem clumsy in implementation, however not having the capacitor on constantly saves battery life.

Also the M8 has among the best touch sensitivity of any phone on the market: http://blog.gsmarena.com/the-htc-one-m8-is-king-of-touch-screen-response-time/

My double tap works just fine without picking it up. It can be lying flat and not moving at all and all the motion launch gestures work every time perfectly

Posted via Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

My double tap works just fine without picking it up. It can be lying flat and not moving at all and all the motion launch gestures work every time perfectly

Maybe if when you double tap or swipe, you move the phone then it'll wake it up, otherwise it wont.

If you phone has been sitting flat idle for a while and you double tap or swipe without the phone rocking/moving, it won't wake the phone up. It requires the gyroscope to be activated by movement of the phone, then the double tap will work.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe if when you double tap or swipe, you move the phone then it'll wake it up, otherwise it wont.

If you phone has been sitting flat idle for a while and you double tap or swipe without the phone rocking/moving, it won't wake the phone up. It requires the gyroscope to be activated by movement of the phone, then the double tap will work.

I have thought of this and have tried it on multiple surfaces, hard and soft (like a bed or pillow where it can't rock back and forth). It works every time, regardless of I'd it's moving or not. I've also tested it as soon as I turn the screen off and after it's been sitting idle for awhile. Still works great every time.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just stating my personal experiences with my device.

alyled

May 5, 2014
Visit site

I find this screen to be very, very sensitive. The more I use the phone, the more I notice it. I can literally hover my finger over a letter or app, (or whatever, really), and before I make contact, it takes action. It's not a huge deal to me, but I have noticed it to be a bit cumbersome when web surfing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87