Haptic Feedback?

TJGEsq

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I had to swap my M8 for a new one. Nothing major, but I noticed that one of the speakers popped or crackled a couple of times when using the speakerphone for a call. I took it to AT&T, explained what I heard, and they gave me a new one. The new M8 is flawless.

However, one difference I noticed with the new M8 is that the haptic feedback for the on-screen buttons and the keyboard is weaker than on the original M8 that I had. Anybody know if this is adjustable?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you can adjust the strength of the haptic feedback. I looked at Settings>Language & Keyboard >HTC Sense Input >Vibration Feedback only provides a checkbox to turn it on or off.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and in its settings it allows you to adjust the duration of the haptic.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Depends on whether you want to use the stock keyboard or a 3rd party one. Swiftkey for instance allows you to set the haptic feedback to any value you want. I'd also be willing to bet there are some ROM's that allow for system configuration of it. But yeah, on just stock everything, not much you can do.

TJGEsq

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I figured it wasn't possible, as I couldn't find anyway to do it after looking through all the settings. And to be honest, it doesn't really bother me (I like haptic feedback to be on the weak side). But i am a little surprised that the difference between phones is so pronounced. I would have thought that it would be adjusted the same for all phones.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I figured it wasn't possible, as I couldn't find anyway to do it after looking through all the settings. And to be honest, it doesn't really bother me (I like haptic feedback to be on the weak side). But i am a little surprised that the difference between phones is so pronounced. I would have thought that it would be adjusted the same for all phones.
It probably isn't adjusted different, it's likely just that the vibrator on your first was pushed against the chassis, causing the feedback to feel stronger.