M8 swipe-to-voice-command-call REFUSES to work.

mboon1985

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
so i just found out about the feature wherein you swipe down on the turned off screen and it prompts you for a voice command to call someone. I can't get mine to recognize a single name. I've tried, lets say bob smith, with "call bob smith" and "call bob smith mobile." My accessible phonebook is strictly google.

is there a trick to getting this to work? i have mine in power save mode - is there a program i may have turned off or something in the background? google now recognizes my voice searches with ease.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
maybe it has something to do with power save mode. Try turning that off and try again.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

mboon1985

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Does it not come up with anything at all or it comes up with the wrong inputs?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

it beeps again, apparently prompting me for another attempt. it doesnt register anything, other than that.

- - - Updated - - -

what carrier are you? would that have an effect? new to android....

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
it beeps again, apparently prompting me for another attempt. it doesnt register anything, other than that.

- - - Updated - - -

what carrier are you? would that have an effect? new to android....

Att. That wouldn't have an effect on it. And neither should power saving mode. Try rebooting the phone with fastboot disabled. That's in the power manager settings.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mboon1985

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
to be 100% clear when you say reboot you mean turn off and back on again? or is there a reboot function somewhere...sorry for n00b questions.

shutting it down and restarting it didnt help. power settings are normal.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
to be 100% clear when you say reboot you mean turn off and back on again? or is there a reboot function somewhere...sorry for n00b questions.

That's correct. Just hold down the power button and hit either restart and let it restart on its own or power off and turn it back on yourself. They both shut down the phone the same way and restart the OS the same way.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

shutting it down and restarting it didnt help. power settings are normal.

I'm trying to replicate your issue on my phone. Or at least figure other ways to troubleshoot it.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Go into apps manager in settings and go to all. Scroll down to HTC lock screen and clear its data.

Also scroll down to speak, there should be 2 of them, and clear those apps data as well.

Then go to running apps and scroll to speak. Click stop.

adupu9ug.jpg

e8amuzaq.jpg

Last edited:

mboon1985

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
So I did this and it didn't work at first but now it seems to work just fine? Go figure. Thanks! I'll keep you posted the status of this feature.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So I did this and it didn't work at first but now it seems to work just fine? Go figure. Thanks! I'll keep you posted the status of this feature.

Yeah please do! There should be no reason for it not to work properly.