HTC One (M8) Dot View Case: Weather isn't showing?

KiranB2

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got my hands on a Dot View case, and on double tapping, only the time shows up for some reason.
I tried removing/re-adding my city in the weather app as well as enabling location services, but no luck. Could anyone offer any solutions for this?

Thank you!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't have mine with me atm, but thinking out loud ...

There's that HTC Weather Service in the accounts settings. Are you signed in to that?

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine stopped showing as well. Once I turned sync back on for the HTC weather service (as mentioned above) it started working again.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

acctinatl

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I dont think the weather icons work in dot view with a theme. Go into the HTC Dot View app and remove the Theme. Select the Grey block with the Red Slanted line to do so.:cool:

SmartphoneNerd

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Like above...remove the theme....

I bought one finally, and, actually like it. I do wish you could swipe to switch songs though :)

Posted via Android Central App

Azztec

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Did this ever get resolved as I have just bought an M8 with a dot view and also dont get the weather showing whereas if i put the case on the wifes M8 it is fine!

Last edited:

Helpers

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I dont think the weather icons work in dot view with a theme. Go into the HTC Dot View app and remove the Theme. Select the Grey block with the Red Slanted line to do so.:cool:

How can I remove it and could you please show the image of that theme