For better battery life...

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have found that by disabling Blinkfeed, I can get much better battery life. Anyone else have any tips to save battery on the M8?

Posted via Android Central App

Willham891

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Leave power save on. Tried a week with it and a week without. Much better battery life and didn't have any problems.

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't try and delete blinkfeed! I have Verizon and I deleted blinkfeed after having force stopped it and disabled it and still seeing it eating up my battery. I thought why not uninstall? Bad idea. It instantly installed again after the uninstall was complete and then I noticed all my previously set screens and applications were wiped out, stock messaging app wasn't there - instead the verizon messaging app reappered, I had to start from scratch again. Any fix for this or will blinkfeed which I don't use be a battery suck all the time regardless.

I have found that by disabling Blinkfeed, I can get much better battery life. Anyone else have any tips to save battery on the M8?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't try and delete blinkfeed! I have Verizon and I deleted blinkfeed after having force stopped it and disabled it and still seeing it eating up my battery. I thought why not uninstall? Bad idea. It instantly installed again after the uninstall was complete and then I noticed all my previously set screens and applications were wiped out, stock messaging app wasn't there - instead the verizon messaging app reappered, I had to start from scratch again. Any fix for this or will blinkfeed which I don't use be a battery suck all the time regardless.

Blinkfeed is the whole launcher. Its not just the news thing. If you uninstall it, you won't have a homescreen to go back to unless maybe if you had an alternative launcher. So that's probably why it reinstalled itself. You can always just remove the blinkfeed screen from the home screen if you want to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

imnraged

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Now I have an issue where this is involved. I froze Blinkfeed with Titanium. Obviously, the phone went black with no launcher. I restarted it and now it freezes on the HTC One splash screen. My M8 is rooted with S-Off. What are my options?