HTC One (M8): FUBAR

imnraged

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
The title says it all. My M8 has the bootloader unlocked, it's S-off and rooted with Teamwin recovery installed. I started dicking around with it, and messed it up. I went to HBOOT and factory reset. I now have no OS, so obviously, my phone won't start up. I appear to be really stuck. If you guys help me and talk me through this, I'll stop dicking around. :-/

Last edited by a moderator:

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: FUBAR

When you are in Teamwin recovery, plug in the USB cable and copy any custom ROM (i recommend android revolution) and then flash it. That's assuming you can still access Teamwin

imnraged

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Ok. I am in Teamwin right now. It's the only thing that does work. Anyway, I just want to flash my stock bootloader. I went to HTC and downloaded it. Do I need to get it to my phone and run it from there? Or can I adb it somehow? Either way, how do I get the computer to recognize my phone again?

imnraged

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

I downloaded the Kernel Source Code not the bootloader. The stock recovery I need is 1.12.502.18. Where can I snag this file?

imnraged

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Ok. I got the Nandroid backup recovery.emmc.win file pushed to the phone. Now, I have a red triangle in the middle of the screen and I can't get to recovery.

Last edited:

imnraged

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

FUBAR no longer. I downloaded a ROM and installed it. I can now get on my phone to re-install the stock recovery. Thanks for the help, Raziel.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
This whole thread made me nervous. Glad your phone is running again. Don't mess up your awesome phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x