Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
yes it does,but its worth it as a final try to fix things.

I wouldn't even call it a final try, it should be the first thing anyone does after getting a new Android phone. The minute a new phone is delivered or I pick one up in the store, the first thing I do is a factory data reset.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, 48 hours of routine use is pretty easy. Its not like I am bored of the phone already yet either.
Auto brightness IS THE WAY TO GO.
But if you have the option, go to Settings, Mobile Data, Network Mode, and select GSM / WCDMA auto instead of GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto.

In other words, don't sit on LTE unless you need it, because it takes considerably more battery than HSPA.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
In my experience, 48 hours of routine use is pretty easy. Its not like I am bored of the phone already yet either.
Auto brightness IS THE WAY TO GO.
But if you have the option, go to Settings, Mobile Data, Network Mode, and select GSM / WCDMA auto instead of GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto.

In other words, don't sit on LTE unless you need it, because it takes considerably more battery than HSPA.

Yeah i wanted to do that but i have the att version so i cant change the network immediately. I can do it manually but im gonna wait for an update

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Update on my battery experience. I think today was a medium- heavy usage. I use the power saving mode after 15%

Attachments

• 1398742577457.jpg
    1398742577457.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 1398742593746.jpg
    1398742593746.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 35

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I got 17 hours on mine yesterday which is pretty normal that is with talk, text and normal use. I did a clean install and did not set it it to auto restore. I also ran the battery way down 2-3 times to 1% or let it drain until it powers off.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Ready to chime in. Got my M8 4 days ago. Battery life is getting much better daily. End of day it is at 50%. My prior Evo LTE would be at critical level end of day, same sync settings.

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I got 17 hours on mine yesterday which is pretty normal that is with talk, text and normal use. I did a clean install and did not set it it to auto restore. I also ran the battery way down 2-3 times to 1% or let it drain until it powers off.
it is not good for the battery of modern smart phones to drain them down to 0%,you can google this,this will cause long term damage to the battery,i do not recommend anyone do this,it could seriously mess up the battery.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
it is not good for the battery of modern smart phones to drain them down to 0%,you can google this,this will cause long term damage to the battery,i do not recommend anyone do this,it could seriously mess up the battery.

I suggest YOU Google it.
Running down the battery once every other month a) won't hurt it, because modern batteries have excellent protection circuit, and b) will actually train the phones charging chip to recognize just how deeply your battery can go before self protection circuits in the battery cuts power. Furthermore, c) phone designers take care to never push modern batteries to harmful levels.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I suggest YOU Google it.
Running down the battery once every other month a) won't hurt it, because modern batteries have excellent protection circuit, and b) will actually train the phones charging chip to recognize just how deeply your battery can go before self protection circuits in the battery cuts power. Furthermore, c) phone designers take care to never push modern batteries to harmful levels.

There's much debate over this, but the consensuses is to not let it discharge down to 0 on a regular basis. Once a month is actually encouraged and won't hurt it like you say. It will calibrate the battery and meter so your percentage indicator is more accurate.

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I suggest YOU Google it.
and i SUGGEST you calm down,why are you mad? he said he discharged it 3 times to 0,that can be harmful,he didn't do it over the course of a month,second next time you quote someone do it kindly :)

Kram007

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
My m8 also don't get that much battery similar to the guy who posted this. It's been a week now and still no good. How often do you charge your m8 or do you charge it whenever it's low?

Posted via Android Central App

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My m8 also don't get that much battery similar to the guy who posted this. It's been a week now and still no good. How often do you charge your m8 or do you charge it whenever it's low?

Posted via Android Central App

I only charge ny m8 once a day. It was the signal that drains my battery cuz mostly i get 1 bar. Have you factory reset it.. and install apps one by one like per day... Maybe its a rogue app

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I opnly ran it down to zero once and the other 2 times were 1% or 2% at most. I have not been that low since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret