Just a couple things that bother me about the M8. Suggestions?

robbski300

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had my M8 for a few weeks now. Still haven't had a chance to play around with the camera. No big deal. This phone is awesome. Two things bug me, though. When accessing email messages (Comcast & Apple) on my old Moto Razr Maxx, it always gave me the option to "Always display images from sender". With the M8, the only option is to "Display images". I can display images in the email but as soon as I close the email and go back into it, the images are gone and I have to display them again. No big deal, but I wish I had the option to ALWAYS display messages from a sender, so I don't have to click that option every single email! The next thing that bugs me is when making shortcuts for text messages, it doesn't tell you WHAT the phone number is. I.E. mobile, home, work, etc... If I want to make a shortcut to text someone that has 4 different phone numbers, I don't know which one is their cell number because the TYPE of number isn't shown. However, when making shortcuts for direct dialing a contact, it DOES display the type of phone number when you're selecting the number for the shortcut! Not the end of the world, but frustrating to say the least. Anyone else experience this frustration?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have all my personal email accounts setup to forward emails to my Gmail account. This way I don't have to worry about displaying images (because Gmail does that automatically now) and I get my emails faster because they are forwarded as soon as they hit my accounts servers and Gmail sends them immediately to me. No more setting up fetching schedules on pop3 accounts...

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have all my personal email accounts setup to forward emails to my Gmail account. This way I don't have to worry about displaying images (because Gmail does that automatically now) and I get my emails faster because they are forwarded as soon as they hit my accounts servers and Gmail sends them immediately to me. No more setting up fetching schedules on pop3 accounts...

Exactly what I'm doing too, and it's working out very well.

robbski300

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I suppose that's an option. I kinda like to keep all of my mail separate, though. My 2 Comcast accounts, my Apple account, my School account. Plus I've got Gmail. Damn. I've got too many email addresses! :) So everyone of your emails comes in as FW:?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So everyone of your emails comes in as FW:?

Well technically they are forwarded, from the original account to Gmail, but they show as being from the original sender when I receive them in Gmail. They don't reflect a FW in the header if you get what I mean...

robbski300

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Well technically they are forwarded, from the original account to Gmail, but they show as being from the original sender when I receive them in Gmail. They don't reflect a FW in the header if you get what I mean...

Ahhh...That's what I was getting at. I tend to not pay as close attention to emails if they've got a 'FW:' in the Subject Line. Maybe I'll give this a shot. I've got 4 email accounts to choose from! :) Thanks!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Stop using the built in Mail app.
Get K-9 mail as it has all the configuration you could ever want, and each account can be configured the way you want it.

robbski300

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, everyone! I just downloaded the KitKat email app, and I'm happy again. Now if it would only show the TYPES of phone numbers (mobile, home, work, etc.) to select when creating a Text Message Shortcut, like it does when creating a Direct Dial Shortcut! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech