You have lost data connectivity because...

KatieRae_290

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
So I keep getting this message, "You have lost data connectivity because" and I can't send/receive calls or texts. I got fed up with it so I tried factory resetting my phone becuase that generally fixes things, but that didn't work. I allowed data roaming, so I don't know what the problem is. Anyone else know?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Try removing the sim and then replacing it. I've seen it happen on occasion where the phone just losing connection due to sim error, sometimes just taking it out and putting back in will restore the connection.

cardineujay

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a sim card.
The HTC One M8 has a removable SIM card to allow you to connect to the LTE network.
Install or replace the SIM card - HTC One® - M8
If you do not have one, contact Sprint immediately.

Also, try reprovisioning your phone by entering ##72786# in the dialer and select Menu. Then, Reset.
Give the phone enough time to reboot and re-activate itself after it has booted completely.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you also seeing the signal bars go dark with an "X" above it indicating no signal? I have been seeing this only when in 3G only area. (No LTE or Spark) Wen't through about 2 hours of troubleshooting for this and based on what I was told, this is a known issue that is supposedly being worked on. Went through all the steps that she was instructed to do to fix the issue. This wasn't the normal "turn your phone on/off, set your data to 3G Only, Update you Profile, Update PRL" kinda crap. This was re-provisioning/activating the phone, resetting the phone though ##727856#. She also re-provisioned my account, removed the phone from my account and added a different one. And a whole lot of other stuff. Bottom line I was getting the same error message plus not sending receiving text/calls and my signal just dropping off the face of the earth connected to a known good tower (with low signal) and via my Airave.. After all that, I I do mean after everything she tired, she said that it was a known issue that they are working on with HTC for a solution. At this time they are not sure if it is a hardware or software issue. But because it is a known issue and nothing else worked with the instructions they were provided, they are sending me a new phone.

You should have a SIM card. Check your box to make sure you don't have a card with a SIM card attached. If not they you need to go to the store and get one.

KatieRae_290

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, it is I who is missing something. I thought we were talking about the storage card on the other side of the phone. I wasn't even aware that there was another tray. Going to try that now.

KatieRae_290

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes sometimes, but mostly it's just the bars with a triangle above it. Now since I've removed the sim and put it back in, it's not doing that anymore but I still can't send/receive call or text.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes sometimes, but mostly it's just the bars with a triangle above it. Now since I've removed the sim and put it back in, it's not doing that anymore but I still can't send/receive call or text.

Try Updating your profile again. If that does not work then do a reset via ##27286#. Then try to make call yourself, make a call, send yourself a text. If still a no go, then got to Settings -> Activate this device at the bottom of the list. Then try the tests again.

As for missed calls and texts. You will not get an notification of any missed calls unless the phone actually receives a call and you don't answer. However, missed text messages may still come in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown