New M8 and will only work on WIFI!

rich 89

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I bought a M8 for my misses and since she started using it this morning, it doesn't seem to work unless it's connected to wifi. She can make calls but the internet/whatsapp etc don't connect.

Any ideas? (mobile data is on)

rich 89

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
EE in the UK. My phone works spot on but everything seems to be going wrong on hers.

When i click on messages, it takes a long time for them to load up when you select the contact. (even when wifi is on)
I have restored it but everything is still the same!

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
EE in the UK. My phone works spot on but everything seems to be going wrong on hers.

When i click on messages, it takes a long time for them to load up when you select the contact. (even when wifi is on)
I have restored it but everything is still the same!

I would definitely take it back and say it's the phone. It shouldn't be lagging at all to open a message so maybe the software is glitched or hardware with the radios not working properly with the network.

Edit: I may have understood your wives phone didn't load data on any of the apps unless it was on wifi.

Posted via the One successor to the One

rich 89

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I put my SIM card in her M8 and it worked fine and hers in mine and it didn't connect.
Could the message issue be because she has over 40,000 texts?

rich 89

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
All sorted. It was EE who hadn't set up my account correctly.
I have this weird icon but can't find out what it means. (The rope looking thing)