05-06-2014 06:15 AM
81 1234
tools
    The internet is full of misinformation, true story.

I only linked to what the reports said. Believe them, or believe HTC. The choice is yours.

I'm happy now with what I have .
    Agreed, but I believe HTC and Sprint

Posted via Android Central App
    04-30-2014 09:44 AM
    As far as S-OFF, I know much about that topic. The tool needed for that can be found here, along with instructions: http://firewater-soff.com
    04-30-2014 09:45 AM
    As far as S-OFF, I know much about that topic. The tool needed for that can be found here, along with instructions: firewater s-off
    Thanks, doing some research on it now. Will this work with the VZW variant of the M8?
    04-30-2014 09:49 AM
    Thanks, doing some research on it now. Will this work with the VZW variant of the M8?
    S-OFF will, yes. As far as the Harman Kardon options, you'll have to flash a custom ROM with those features included (if one exists).
    04-30-2014 09:51 AM
    I don't understand your question. The "regular" Sprint M8 won't get an update to become the HK edition. I explained the only way you'll get it (outside of buying it) it by S-OFF and flashing the ROM with the supporting software.
    This software exists or is in the works? Don't see how they can replicate it but that'd be sweet if so. That would be worth rooting to me alone.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
    04-30-2014 10:27 AM
    This software exists or is in the works? Don't see how they can replicate it but that'd be sweet if so. That would be worth rooting to me alone.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
    It already exists. It's what I'm running now.
    04-30-2014 10:29 AM
    I activated my Sprint M8 Framily line on April 22nd, do you guys think I'll have any issues getting Sprint to swap it out for the H/K edition?
    04-30-2014 10:36 AM
    I activated my Sprint M8 Framily line on April 22nd, do you guys think I'll have any issues getting Sprint to swap it out for the H/K edition?
    As long as you're within the 14-day window, your phone is undamaged and you have all accessories and the original box, it shouldn't be an issue.

They might try to stick you with a restocking fee, but some complaining could likely persuade them to waive it.
    04-30-2014 10:38 AM
    As long as you're within the 14-day window, your phone is undamaged and you have all accessories and the original box, it shouldn't be an issue.

They might try to stick you with a restocking fee, but some complaining could likely persuade them to waive it.
    The only thing I'm worried about is that the phone will only be available ONLINE starting the 2nd. Doesn't hit stores until the 9th...... I'll have to call up customer service on Friday and see what they can do.
    04-30-2014 11:14 AM
    Any reason you can't order it online?
    04-30-2014 11:29 AM
    Will it really make a difference coming out of the tiny speakers anyways, I mean maybe for headphones a bit but will it really be noticable? Otherwise I use my UE boom and bluetooth, but boomsound is good in a pinch, and there's only so much they can do if using the same speakers.
    04-30-2014 09:14 PM
    Will it really make a difference coming out of the tiny speakers anyways, I mean maybe for headphones a bit but will it really be noticable? Otherwise I use my UE boom and bluetooth, but boomsound is good in a pinch, and there's only so much they can do if using the same speakers.
    My guess is no. You might notice a difference with lossless or flac or heavily compressed files, but it also might be negligible. Also none of the software enhancements will work through Bluetooth. I could also be completely wrong, we won't know until it comes out. So yeah

04-30-2014 10:09 PM
    My guess is no. You might notice a difference with lossless or flac or heavily compressed files, but it also might be negligible. Also none of the software enhancements will work through Bluetooth. I could also be completely wrong, we won't know until it comes out. So yeah

The Equalizers work over Bluetooth.
    05-01-2014 12:45 AM
    if you are gonna be crying over the speakers, then don't buy the phone.
    05-01-2014 12:58 AM
    Interestingly (or not), today the HK version got an OTA. I guess that's going to be the version that ships on the devices.

05-01-2014 01:21 AM
    What?

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    05-01-2014 02:02 AM
    The Equalizers work over Bluetooth.
    I was referring to the clar-fi and live stage. Those aren't going to work over Bluetooth

05-01-2014 08:32 AM
    I was referring to the clar-fi and live stage. Those aren't going to work over Bluetooth

Yes, the presets work over Bluetooth. I'm running the ROM now, I should know.
    05-01-2014 09:21 AM

I'm only guessing here, but it seems like the audio would be resampled and digitized for transmission through bluetooth. If that's the case, then clari-fi and live stage should absolutely work over bluetooth.
    05-01-2014 09:47 AM
    I'm only guessing here, but it seems like the audio would be resampled and digitized for transmission through bluetooth. If that's the case, then clari-fi and live stage should absolutely work over bluetooth.
    I imagine it does work but the clear-fi would seem pointless over Bluetooth because it's supposedly repairing lossy music, only to be turned back into lossy Bluetooth.
    05-01-2014 02:07 PM
    The most useful feature of the Harman setup is using it with the Headphone Jack.
    And YOU DO NEED the Harman firmware for that to work.

I have 2 Sprint M8's both with Harman (Bad Boys) ROM.

One with Harman Firmware and One without. The one without Harman firmware does not work with the headphones.

They both work over Bluetooth though.

So even if the hardware is the same on all platforms you're only gonna get the headphones to work on a sprint handset.
    Because I doubt you want to try flashing Sprint firmware on anything but sprint devices.
    05-04-2014 05:52 PM
    I imagine it does work but the clear-fi would seem pointless over Bluetooth because it's supposedly repairing lossy music, only to be turned back into lossy Bluetooth.
    The HTC M8 does support aptX Bluetooth (even the M7 does).
    Depends what your hooked too if the other end supports aptX.
    05-04-2014 05:56 PM
    Not able to get the H/K edition sadly, because the only way to exchange phones during the grace period with Sprint is at a retail store. I opened my account on 4/22 and since it doesn't hit stores until 5/9 I'll be out of my buyers remorse period. *sigh*
    05-04-2014 07:25 PM
    How do u install these roms. I never Did it
    The most useful feature of the Harman setup is using it with the Headphone Jack.
    And YOU DO NEED the Harman firmware for that to work.

I have 2 Sprint M8's both with Harman (Bad Boys) ROM.

One with Harman Firmware and One without. The one without Harman firmware does not work with the headphones.

They both work over Bluetooth though.

So even if the hardware is the same on all platforms you're only gonna get the headphones to work on a sprint handset.
    Because I doubt you want to try flashing Sprint firmware on anything but sprint devices.
    05-04-2014 08:42 PM
    Is there any way to get the HK software without root? I was able to side-load FM radio on my stock Verizon M8...

05-04-2014 09:00 PM
81 1234