M8 features: pros and cons

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's a PRO for me - the ability to quickly change to a near unlimited number of different system fonts. HTC hasn't really done this before the way others (i.e Samsung) have. You could root and change whatever you wanted, but being able to change the font in 3 seconds, no root required, is nice.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's a PRO for me - the ability to quickly change to a near unlimited number of different system fonts. HTC hasn't really done this before the way others (i.e Samsung) have. You could root and change whatever you wanted, but being able to change the font in 3 seconds, no root required, is nice.

Cool, where is this option? Mine shows 3 fonts.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
2 things I didn't like on M8:
-The screen is fingerprint magnet compared to the M7 which was like iphones (though perhaps the new Gorilla glass 3 is like that)
-The camera is definitely better than on M7 but it still need 4 to 6 more mp to be perfect specially in daylight, over exposure is still a plague

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
2 things I didn't like on M8:
-The screen is fingerprint magnet compared to the M7 which was like iphones (though perhaps the new Gorilla glass 3 is like that)
-The camera is definitely better than on M7 but it still need 4 to 6 more mp to be perfect specially in daylight, over exposure is still a plague

More megapixels aren't going to make any camera perfect, because none are (especially phone cameras). Try turning down ev (exposure value) a little in bright outdoor situations. Also you could try HDR mode, I've had really good results with that regarding overexposure.

Posted via Android Central App

alyled

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the camera's performance, especially in daylight. The pics seems over exposed to me. I don't care too much, I have a REAL camera. But I do think they could've done better. Old news, I know.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Infared blaster to control your tv. There is a stock HTC TV app that you can sync with your cable box and list all your channels. You can even set it up to show you your favorite shows in your BlinkFeed. I use it daily, very handy

Posted via Android Central App

👆this

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the camera's performance, especially in daylight. The pics seems over exposed to me. I don't care too much, I have a REAL camera. But I do think they could've done better. Old news, I know.

It's a phone...let's not set our expectations too high...

lol...

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
IMAG0178_1.jpg

I think the camera is awesome. For a phone that has everything else that fits my needs, I couldn't be happier. The camera performs. Great, I might add. The slow motion function on the camcorder is awesome too!

alyled

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I took this image over the weekend after reading how bad the camera is. Looks darn good to me.View attachment 116406

It does look good. Like a good 4 MP shot. The color tones seem muted though, and cropping it would no doubt cause loss of detail. Like I had mentioned, I use a real camera. Nikon D 80 with a Nikkor 18-105 mm lens. So perhaps no phone camera is ever going to please me :) I will say that against my husbands iPhone 5S, the camera on my M8 really looks sad.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca