When and how do you charge your M8?

Kram007

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure but I read somewhere that it is better to charge your battery often. Don't wait for it to go low. I wonder if most population do this. Because I do and I'm a little worry I might damage my battery

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you normally charge when ever possible or when the battery really gets low?

It's not good to let the phone completely discharge. I'd say charge the phone at around 20-30% is fine.

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure but I read somewhere that it is better to charge your battery often. Don't wait for it to go low. I wonder if most population do this. Because I do and I'm a little worry I might damage my battery

You are correct. Lithium-ion batteries do better when charged more often.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It's not good to let the phone completely discharge. I'd say charge the phone at around 20-30% is fine.

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk

Honestly I seriously doubt these phones today actually let the battery drain to 0%. They will most likely cut it off at a certain percentage without completely draining the cell. This is for safety and durability reasons

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I charge overnight too. Basically with modern lithium ion batteries your charging habits aren't going to have any noticeable effects. You might be able to measure a slight difference in the lab but nothing short of that

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I seriously doubt these phones today actually let the battery drain to 0%. They will most likely cut it off at a certain percentage without completely draining the cell. This is for safety and durability reasons

I still think it is rather bad to leave it at a low percentage.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I usually charge when the battery is below 80% and NEVER leave my phone plugged in for more than 10 minutes or so once the charge is brought up to 100%. I never charge overnight.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
The battery lasts so long that I've only gotten below 15% once. Normally, I put it on the charger every 6 hours or so. Modern batteries won't "over-charge" so it doesn't hurt to leave it charging. However, this has such low idle drain that it doesn't need to sit on a charger all the time like the phones from two years ago.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I usually charge when the battery is below 80% and NEVER leave my phone plugged in for more than 10 minutes or so once the charge is brought up to 100%. I never charge overnight.

You absolutely can leave it charging for more than ten minutes once it reaches 100%, that's a completely ludicrous practice. The phone monitors charging and will keep it topped off, it cannot overcharge the battery. Every cell phone I've ever owned I charge at night, all the way through the night and I have yet to have battery go bad. Whatever though, do what you want.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
You absolutely can leave it charging for more than ten minutes once it reaches 100%, that's a completely ludicrous practice. The phone monitors charging and will keep it topped off, it cannot overcharge the battery. Every cell phone I've ever owned I charge at night, all the way through the night and I have yet to have battery go bad. Whatever though, do what you want.

I've had bad experiences in the past and try to keep by charges on a rigid basis. May all be in my head though.

I still won't leave it in overnight though...

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had bad experiences in the past and try to keep by charges on a rigid basis. May all be in my head though.

I still won't leave it in overnight though...

Trust me and everyone else who charges their phones overnight, it's in your head.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I've always charged overnight. Never a problem. My m8 is at 31% now after close to 15 hours and moderate use.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I charge mine overnight while I am asleep. I have 40% remaining after 16.5 hours of moderate use.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I charge mine overnight while sleeping.. I've done this with all phones. The phone won't allow overcharge. In the past it was bad but... now a days? Na :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have always charged my phones overnight, and typically plug in at about 30% remaining

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund