Should I get the M8 or wait?

abastuba99

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thanks for all the replies guys! I am probably getting the M8 this weekend.
One question I still have is, Does Samsung pay for the S5 to be everywhere? As said before, when I was at Best Buy the S5 had a giant booth in the middle of the store while the M8 was just next to all the other phones. Also a guy at the booth wearing the Best Buy uniform said that he actually works for Samsung. :/
Also why is "The all new Samsung Galaxy S5!" the top thing on android central while the HTC One M8 is nowhere to be seen up there? I saw that it was up there a few days ago but not it is just the S5.

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
One question I still have is, Does Samsung pay for the S5 to be everywhere? As said before, when I was at Best Buy the S5 had a giant booth in the middle of the store while the M8 was just next to all the other phones. Also a guy at the booth wearing the Best Buy uniform said that he actually works for Samsung. :/
Also why is "The all new Samsung Galaxy S5!" the top thing on android central while the HTC One M8 is nowhere to be seen up there? I saw that it was up there a few days ago but not it is just the S5.

Yeah Samsung has a huge marketing budget and really pay attention lot to make sure their devices get maximum exposure to consumers.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Get something that's free on contract and put the M8 money in a college account. When you're a college sophomore and can't afford McDonald's, you'll wish you'd been a more frugal young'n.

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Make sure to play with a bunch of phones in person tho. Lots of people like the speakers and how it feels in the hand. I have a great tablet from Samsung that had me leaning toward their phones, but after some research and playing in the store that tablet was better than their high end phones....

Having big hands and liking the tablet I was resolved to something AT LEAST as big as a Note 3, and I finally got the G Flex. It's not for everyone and the camera is pretty weak in low light but I freakin LOVE it so far.

That said, again the M8 seems alright but I would wait for summer's manufacturing batch. Just in case they actually reinforce the camera shield or make any other small changes! In the meantime be sure you know what apps you will need, from reading here it sounds like there will be a few.

aalu91

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got this phone 2 days ago. It is a great phone. Camera takes good shots, comparable to shots taken with my old iphone 5

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes Samsung signed a deal with best buy like apple did to have a store with in a store to showcase all of their products.

Shoot, don't even get another smartphone until you actually "need" it!

This. Most kids don't need a smartphone. They just get it for the "cool factor"

you'd be a leader with the m8 for a 14 year olds..... all the kids want the s5 even if it's sucky.....

it's what kids do these days!

Kids are spoiled. When I was 14 the hottest phone was the razr. Super thin with a thin hinge. A very high quality resoultion screen. Made all the other flip phones look like crap. I never got to get one. Closest one I got was the Motorola i9 back in 2009 before the battery almost caught fire....

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

abastuba99

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm getting a phone very soon now, and I am pretty sure I am getting the M8.
I will admit that we kids are spoiled at our school/ neighborhood, and if I am able to get a good phone, (m8) I will. One problem is that about 80% of the people at my school have an iPhone, and I am kinda making a social sacrifice by getting an android. What are some good reasons to tell my friends why android is better than iOS? I know about customization and stuff, but what would be some good things to show them the superiority of android? :eek:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
If you wait for something that's better around the corner, you'll never get anything because there's always something around the corner.

I say just get it. It's a great phone and will be a monstrous upgrade from your current device.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm getting a phone very soon now, and I am pretty sure I am getting the M8.
I will admit that we kids are spoiled at our school/ neighborhood, and if I am able to get a good phone, (m8) I will. One problem is that about 80% of the people at my school have an iPhone, and I am kinda making a social sacrifice by getting an android. What are some good reasons to tell my friends why android is better than iOS? I know about customization and stuff, but what would be some good things to show them the superiority of android? :eek:

If you want the m8, then get it. Who cares what 80% of your school will think? If you lived your life based on what 80% of your peers are doing, then you aren't really living YOUR life are you?

Android isn't better than ios. Ios isn't better than android. Better is completely subjective, what you find better may not be what the majority finds better.

Ultimately you should be buying a phone to suit your needs best, and if it so happens to be an android phone, then that's great. If it's an iPhone, that's great too. Don't let others dictate what device you purchase, or anything for that matter. You are your own person

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Well you can do a hell lot more on Android than the iPhone both stock and rooting. From extensive customizations, to even installing a whole new rom on it. With the iPhone you are stuck.

Both platforms offer good and bad sides.

I really Dobut anyone cares what phone you chose. If your friends leave you because they have iPhones and you got the m8 then they were never true friends. Hate to be blunt about it but it's the truth.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I do use gmail, but only for my personal emails. At work we use an exchange server. It is the work emails i would miss the most since i am more productive for receiving them

As for the S5 vs. M8 thing: with the M8 you get a premium phone while with the S5 you get a mass-market handset. Depends on your personal taste. I had both and stuck with the M8 because the S5 is not a fast phone. It's annoyingly laggy, although fresh owners will tell you otherwise to justify their purchase. Also, there seem to be quite a few Samsung employees lurking around this and other forums (not surprising when you think of how much Samsung spends for marketing) attacking anyone who criticizes the S5's speed. Just Google for it and you'll see what I mean by S5 lag.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

uh, just say you like it better. No need to prove superiority one way or the other.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah Samsung has a huge marketing budget and really pay attention lot to make sure their devices get maximum exposure to consumers.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Well they do market alot but Samsung actually has "Samsung stores" inside of Best Buy. That's why the employee told him he works for Samsung.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you want the m8, then get it. Who cares what 80% of your school will think? If you lived your life based on what 80% of your peers are doing, then you aren't really living YOUR life are you?

Android isn't better than ios. Ios isn't better than android. Better is completely subjective, what you find better may not be what the majority finds better.

Ultimately you should be buying a phone to suit your needs best, and if it so happens to be an android phone, then that's great. If it's an iPhone, that's great too. Don't let others dictate what device you purchase, or anything for that matter. You are your own person

uh, just say you like it better. No need to prove superiority one way or the other.

What they said :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane