Root / Xposed issue

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Android, but after reading about the Xposed framework, it looks like there's a lot to offer by rooting the phone.

I used Weaksauce to root the phone. That worked well. Installed SuperSU. Installed the Xposed framework. That worked well, I thought. After rebooting the phone was rooted, and I was able to install Xposed. Rebooted, and it said the framework wasn't installed, even though I had installed the framework. Did a soft reboot and the framework was active. Installed a couple modules, rebooted, and now I get "root failure" every time the phone reboots, and the modules don't start (Sense 6 toolbox stops every time), and the framework is not active.

Any help for a noob?

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I think you can only do the soft reboot with Weaksauce as it takes a minute or two after reboot to activate. Either soft reboot only or look into a permanent root.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat btw. Been thinking about a permanent root but I haven't researched what's involved yet.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat btw. Been thinking about a permanent root but I haven't researched what's involved yet.

Thanks. I think this is definitely the problem. I just want a root that can be removed so I can trade the device in with no issues to upgrade when there is a new model available.

After removing Sense 6 toolbox it roots itself after reboot again but the framework won't start.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I see so many different options - I don't want to unlock my bootloader as I want to stay with the stock ROM.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to simply permanently root the phone, without unlocking the bootloader? I know there's lots of information out there but I don't want to make the wrong choice. Note: I have Verizon.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You really should be looking at the XDA Developers website. They will be more information for you there. Of course post your progress here too.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I followed the instructions from the Droidreviews site, and with that along with the guy's video above, I was able to perm root my VZW M8.

Xposed Installer works properly now and I was able to get the Sense 6 toolbox along with the "don't panic" modules installed, after rebooting, works great.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
This is great. Sense toolbox fixed some of the annoyances, like having to confirm I want to raise the volume above a certain level over Bluetooth, having to hit enter on pin lock, and various visual and status bar tweaks.

I switched to Dynamic Notifications for my notification center and the don't panic module removed the "swipe down to exit full screen" messages.

Easy worthwhile mod.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
OK, so under my power manager my phone doesn't know how to count anymore. The phone has been off the charger (and not plugged back in) since 7:30 this morning. That's 6.5 hours ago. It thinks it's been on battery for 4 hours, 50 minutes.

Weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca