cant send text messages, please help

Jakeh1983

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this was already a thread. New hereI can not figure out the search to save my life. I must be using an app or something because I'm not in my browser. Anyway the m8 has been great up until yesterday. My girlfriend was texting me asking why I wasn't replying to her. I had been typing messages but I guess they didn't send. Call customer service and theygave me a few things to try. None worked, so i did a hard reset and still no luck. Anybody else had this happen, and if so how did you fix it. They told me to take it to the Sprint store, but the nearest one is almost a 40 minute drive. So I thought I would see what incandescent find online first. Thanks in advance.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a Sim issue then, if customer service couldn't help you with it. Does your data work fine?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Update Profile and PRL from settings-system updates. If that doesnt work, Sprint can re-activate your phone over the phone, as long as you do not call with this phone.

Jakeh1983

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Everything else works fine. I can call and use data, just can't send texts. It times out after a while and gives me an error. Worked fine up until yesterday. Hmmm...

Jakeh1983

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Well now I was able to send one message and then the next timed out again. Wtf. I've had HTC since the mogul and have had issues with every single phone I've had from them , why do I keep getting them.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If it is a Sim card issue you could try turning your phone off, taking the Sim card out, reseating the card in the Sim tray and putting it back in, then reboot your phone.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Jakeh1983

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Figured it out after 4 hours. I use the airave in my house for a better signal. Well it needed up being the problem. Why , I really don't know, because it has been working fine up until this issue. Called the airave customer service and had it fixed in ten minutes. Never suspect ed it because every phone I've ever had on the airave worked without anything needing to be done.