05-09-2014 10:53 AM
32 12
tools
    is that the with contract price?
    I'm sure there's a difference, but is it "better" when listening to well transferred music? As an engineer, I'm sure you know that universal enhancements tend to be a negative to the discriminating ear.

Will be interested in hearing what people think of it.
    05-06-2014 02:28 PM
    is that the with contract price?
    Yes, I had an upgrade coming.... ($149 for the regular version is the cheapest I've seen it out there for Sprint).
    05-06-2014 02:44 PM
    I'd be nice if htc had a trade/swap program for all the people Who brought the OG m8 and now want HK M8.
    Yes, I had an upgrade coming.... ($149 for the regular version is the cheapest I've seen it out there for Sprint).
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    05-06-2014 04:23 PM
    I'd be nice if htc had a trade/swap program for all the people Who brought the OG m8 and now want HK M8.
    Why though? For a pair of headphones? Some people seem to really want this but no one says why. It's not going to sound better except for the few who like enhancement processors. The majority of people who care about audio quality don't want enhancement algorithms mucking up their music. Mix and mastering engineers make a living getting music to sound it's very best. A little program on the phone is not going to magically make it better. To each is own but original M8 owners shouldn't feel that they're missing out.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    05-06-2014 05:41 PM
    My whole thing is Why come out with one version of the phone and then all the sudden bring another phone that is pretty much exactly the same except for a couple features. Why couldnt they just have them on the original model
    Why though? For a pair of headphones? Some people seem to really want this but no one says why. It's not going to sound better except for the few who like enhancement processors. The majority of people who care about audio quality don't want enhancement algorithms mucking up their music. Mix and mastering engineers make a living getting music to sound it's very best. A little program on the phone is not going to magically make it better. To each is own but original M8 owners shouldn't feel that they're missing out.
    05-06-2014 07:49 PM
    My whole thing is Why come out with one version of the phone and then all the sudden bring another phone that is pretty much exactly the same except for a couple features. Why couldnt they just have them on the original model
    Promotion. They could make them all the same, in the same color, but that would be pretty stale. They want to appeal to a variety of people so they do things like this. When Burger King puts SpiderMan on their wrappers it doesn't make the burgers any better. But, people buy more of them. I think phone people tend to get too caught up in having to have the latest and greatest and that's a losing game. I'm just trying to reassure people that they're not really missing out on anything.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    05-06-2014 07:56 PM
    I'm still really digging the black and gold color scheme. I'm going to stop by the Sprint store after work today and look at one for real. Then I'll know if I have to have one or not.
    05-09-2014 10:53 AM
32 12