Need help with blocking SMS messages on Verizon HTC One M8

Marc Grossman

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been asked, but I have no option on my Verizon HTC One M8 to block text/SMS messages from a user using the default messaging app. HTC and Verizon both say to hold down on the message and an option should pop up with "block" - but it just isn't there. Likewise, the block option on the contact screen only specifically says block calls from the user - says nothing about text messages. I spoke with HTC and they said they didn't know why the option wasn't there (?????) but to try a third party blocking app or block users with Verizon. I tried several apps and none block text messages - I still get text messages from people on my block list. Does anyone know what's going on with this? It seems like the Verizon version of the phone doesn't have this feature and it seems incompatible with other apps. Is there a solution besides adding numbers to the Verizon block list?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Handcent Messaging app has a Blacklist feature which blocks notification and popups of a blacklisted contact and their messages won't be shown. I am on Verizon and I could not find a feature like that on the Stock Messaging app.

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
If you hold down on the message, and then click "Open contact", then go to the bottom of that person, you can find "Block Contact" as an option.
Obviously, the person has to be in your address book in order to block them.

Marc Grossman

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I installed Handcent and it works perfectly! I still wish I had the block feature that is built into other M8 versions though...

Rondo1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
But you didn't answer his question. WHY IS THIS NOT SHOWING UP AS IT SHOULD? I don't want to install a 3rd party app just to block junk texts especially when the app is supposed to do it on it's own. Could this be because of the Android 5 Lollipop upgrade?

Ryan Wyrick

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
Textra believe it or not is pretty good I'll be honest with you I just got an HTC One M8 and the Android is not applying well but you know I just have to get used to the interface and not having fixed buttons but honestly man Textra is pretty sick it's not only really quick you get a blacklist auction and it will Blacklist everything coming from that person from that contact in all you have to do really is create that number you don't want you don't even have to do that but if you create a contact out of that number and you apply their email address or anything that communicates with them and anything that comes in from that contact will be blacklisted and blocked no more b******* data-manipulation no more idiots f****** with you none of that no more a****** charges

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke