Anyone went from the Galaxy S4 to the HTC One m8?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys.
I have the Galaxy S4 since last August but I've been thinking about changing to the new HTC one m8. To whoever did the same: can you give me your opinion, if it's worth it, etc?
Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.
I have the Galaxy S4 since last August but I've been thinking about changing to the new HTC one m8. To whoever did the same: can you give me your opinion, if it's worth it, etc?
Thanks a lot.

Cheers

My dad went from the S4 to the HTC M8. He's a Samsung person but when he went to this phone he loved it he loves how smooth it is and fast and the speakers and he just loves it. And I came from the Galaxy S5 to the HTC M8 and I love it. The S5 was to laggy to me but I don't regret getting the HTC M8. The only thing about this phone I recommend getting a case for it when you get it because it's very slippery sometimes while holding it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your input. :)
Your the first I see changing from the S5 to the HTC One m8!
I also want a case and tend not to like TPU but I was thinking about ordering the case mate barely there (the naked seems too bulky) but it seems it's slippery and has that scratches problem.
Meanwhile I found this on another thread and couldn't resist ordering because of the low price, but it will take at least 2 weeks to get to Portugal.
It's ultrathin and made of TPU. Check it out:

Baseus Soft TPU Ultrathin Transparent Case Cover Shield for HTC ONE M8 0o

URL: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...6id%3D131169013422%26alt%3Dweb&token=kpZS8PS1

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a GS4 here's the difference: GS4 lag M8 no lag. It was a humongous upgrade and I will never again own another Samsung device.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I most recently came from a Note 3 but before that I had a S4. I am a huge fan of the Note series, but I would take the M8 any day of the week over the S4. There is no comparing build quality and sense is so much more smooth and enjoyable to use than TouchWiz. I also don't think the camera is bad. I have taken quite a few pictures already and they have all been on par with any Galaxy or iPhone I have had. I am really liking this phone a lot.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I went from 5s to s5 and to m8 and can't be more happier. Just came back from a week long business trip and I never once worried through the day about looking for a charge and the phone is smooth as butter. For me I loved the weight of the S5 but I had lag just like all the other android devices I had tried in the past, the one has never lagged and so far has been the best phone I have ever owned, in fact the iPhone 6 will need to impress me a lot to get me to let go of the one M8.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I went from 5s to s5 and to m8 and can't be more happier. Just came back from a week long business trip and I never once worried through the day about looking for a charge and the phone is smooth as butter. For me I loved the weight of the S5 but I had lag just like all the other android devices I had tried in the past, the one has never lagged and so far has been the best phone I have ever owned, in fact the iPhone 6 will need to impress me a lot to get me to let go of the one M8.

Great to hear that. Do you happen to use a case with it?

I tend not to like TPU cases but wanted a clear one so I can still see the metal finish and found this one. It's ultrathin and made of TPU. Check it out:

Item: Baseus Soft TPU Ultrathin Transparent Case Cover Shield for HTC ONE M8 0o

URL: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...6id%3D131169013422%26alt%3Dweb&token=13dNjgH8

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Great to hear that. Do you happen to use a case with it?

I tend not to like TPU cases but wanted a clear one so I can still see the metal finish and found this one. It's ultrathin and made of TPU. Check it out:

Item: Baseus Soft TPU Ultrathin Transparent Case Cover Shield for HTC ONE M8 0o

URL: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...6id%3D131169013422%26alt%3Dweb&token=UwjkRG6q

I am going through the case phase now, buying like 2 a week. So far the incipio Feather is my favorite, I have tried all the ones others recommended on here and they seem bulky and I don't like TPU case due to lint and dust collecting around the edge of the screen. I tried the toast cover and was crap, came in broke at the bottom and very cheap feeling. I have the Cimo soft touch arriving today from amazon and will give it a try, looks very thin and the soft touch should be nice and non slippery? I have also ask element case about making an htc one m8 case I love there cases even if they are up to 200.00 but you pay for what you get, I don't think they will be enough sales for them to make a case though?
I also use the spigen nano glass screen protector not really to protect the glass but the screen looks much better with it on and with polarized sunglasses I can see it much better than without the screen protector for some reason?

Hope this help?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It does but if I buy the phone I am thinking in a case that is transparent, so I can still show the design and finish while having some protection. Are any of those clear cases?

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I have not found a decent super thin clear case yet that would have a non slick feel. With clear case it will either be TPU which I don't like or a hard shell and most of them are slick for me. Maybe someone on here has found a clear non tpu that is not bulky?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have not found a decent super thin clear case yet that would have a non slick feel. With clear case it will either be TPU which I don't like or a hard shell and most of them are slick for me. Maybe someone on here has found a clear non tpu that is not bulky?

I know what you mean. But what about the Case-Mate Barely There, made of hard plastic, have you tried that one?

I went from an S4 to an M8 and I am very happy with m y decision. I think the M8 is a better phone.

What are the main advantages and disadvantages, in your opinion?

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I too went from an S4 to an M8. It took a few weeks for me to completely assimilate to the differences. But after owning this device for nearly a month, I much prefer it to my old S4.

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean. But what about the Case-Mate Barely There, made of hard plastic, have you tried that one?
Yes the Case mate barely case was so so, its still kind of slippery and does not offer as good as protection as the incipio feather. However I bought the incipio feather shine and I just ordered the regular feather as the shine is suppose to be like metal and its also a little slick, hoping the regular is more soft touch?es

What are the main advantages and disadvantages, in your opinion?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Great, please post some photos when you get it.
My main fear with chaging from my S4 to the HTC One M8 is the camera...is is really that bad?

dmack0706

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Great, please post some photos when you get it.
My main fear with chaging from my S4 to the HTC One M8 is the camera...is is really that bad?

No, also check out spigen clear case looks sharp and stays thin little yellow in Sun light but looks cool with charger with light.

From the one M8

Fotoav8r

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Like others here, I too went from the Galaxy 4 to this HTC, and am much happier. Just went by Best Buy yesterday, and played with the S5, and it STILL has lag.

I am using the Supcase, and really like it. I tried 2 others, but like this one the best. Clear back, good grip, thin, and looks great.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I wish the M8 was a touch smaller. The height is the thing but it's not bad. I like the Sense better than touch wiz. I think it's faster and better battery life. It's also built better. I did like a removable battery but the cheap plastic back always bothered me when I took it off.

The camera for me is fine. I don't take alot of pictures so it does what I want it to. It did take a while to find the tool to insert the SD card. Overall it's better than the S4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Like others here, I too went from the Galaxy 4 to this HTC, and am much happier. Just went by Best Buy yesterday, and played with the S5, and it STILL has lag.

I am using the Supcase, and really like it. I tried 2 others, but like this one the best. Clear back, good grip, thin, and looks great.

I wish the M8 was a touch smaller. The height is the thing but it's not bad. I like the Sense better than touch wiz. I think it's faster and better battery life. It's also built better. I did like a removable battery but the cheap plastic back always bothered me when I took it off.

The camera for me is fine. I don't take alot of pictures so it does what I want it to. It did take a while to find the tool to insert the SD card. Overall it's better than the S4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot for your opinions. I am really into this phone but would like to try it first but it's not available in my country yet.

ccrazythunder

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Went from S4 to M8 but in all truthfulness there is not that much difference performance wise. The S4 is not laggy as others have stated. If you have the S4 setup well then you will not see any lag. The M8 has a slight performance increase and Sense is a nice change but the there is no night and day difference between the two phones. The camera works just as well as the S4 and takes great pictures. In complete unbiased honesty (I do not have to keep reminding myself that I made a good purchase decision) there really is not enough of a change in technology on the phone to warrant spending the money on an upgrade. But if you have money to throw around and its burning a hole in your pocket then go for it.