Unlocking screen qn on M8

rico321

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have set one of my screens to be the home screen in Manage Home screen pages.
I have added a security pattern to unlock the screen.

If I swipe from right to left to unlock it goes to my home screen....great
If I press power button, then up arrow key enter pattern it goes to google voice search page. I've removed this google voice search from the home screen yet it still goes in there. Trying to get it to behave same way as above.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
rico

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I have set one of my screens to be the home screen in Manage Home screen pages.
I have added a security pattern to unlock the screen.

If I swipe from right to left to unlock it goes to my home screen....great
If I press power button, then up arrow key enter pattern it goes to google voice search page. I've removed this google voice search from the home screen yet it still goes in there. Trying to get it to behave same way as above.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
rico

It is going to the voice search page because it is default action which is set inside the Android ecosystem you can't remove or .....

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
swiping up on the bar at the bottom of the lock screen with the little up carrot in it launches google now (because that's the google now shortcut). if you swipe up on the lock in the middle, or anywhere else on the screen that isn't a launcher bar shortcut, it'll unlock to wherever you were when you turned off the phone (app or home screen). You can also swipe up with the screen off for the same action. Swiping up on one of the launcher bar icons obviously launches that app. swiping right to left with the screen off or from the lock screen unlocks to the your home screen.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2