HTC branding peeling off.

Bogart25

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone since 1st week of launch and today I pulled it out of my pocket to discover that the plastic HTC lettering on the back of the phone peeled off. I guess it got too hot and melted the glue? Or maybe it's because I don't use a case.. Either way, they glued those in really cheaply. My little plastic letters were all bent and now instead of a smooth back there is an HTC indent with ugly unfinished metal at the bottom.
Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't really bother me but it was better before.

Any suggestions on what to do? Will htc mail me new letters and glue? Or is there some other way to fill in the gaps? I don't think it's worth exchanging or sending for repairs.

Posted via Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Well that sucks. To be honest, the best answers you will get will probably be from HTC...may as well just call them up.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know they could even peel off. But hell for what it's worth I think it might look clean without any branding. If.... All the residue could be removed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Robby Robb

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me also the c fell off I got a safety pen an pulled up the tape an cleaned out the sticky gunk real good I'm honestly thinking about peeling off the h and the t also

alyled

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised and upset by the various build quality issues, from plastic lens covers, bezels peeling, lettering peeling, etc. I noticed today that the bottom left corner of my display isn't flush. I can push on it and it becomes flush, but when I let up, it's back to sticking out just a bit. Honestly I feel that this isn't acceptable on a flagship. I had an S3, and though it was mostly polycarb, everything lined up and nothing fell apart. My iPhone 5 was pristine. I still really enjoy this phone, but this might be my last HTC model.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised and upset by the various build quality issues, from plastic lens covers, bezels peeling, lettering peeling, etc. I noticed today that the bottom left corner of my display isn't flush. I can push on it and it becomes flush, but when I let up, it's back to sticking out just a bit. Honestly I feel that this isn't acceptable on a flagship. I had an S3, and though it was mostly polycarb, everything lined up and nothing fell apart. My iPhone 5 was pristine. I still really enjoy this phone, but this might be my last HTC model.

Your s3 may have been perfect but Samsung definitely isn't excluded from build quality issues. Check the s5 section here, Google Sony Xperia z2 build quality issues, all manufactures, including the almighty iPhone, have problems.

Just saying

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It's way too grainy and out of focus for a still picture. It looks same as if I took a picture of my Flex with the fixed focus 2mpx camera on my Tab 3. The M8 camera should be better than that.

Not every picture taken by every camera is going to be in focus and without grain. A camera is a tool and it's only as good as its user. It doesn't necessarily mean his camera is dying

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why you keep adding back in the obvious. I made one remark inviting response from *the person that posted the image*, which is not you. Because people on both the M8 and S5 subforums around the web have been complaining of 'camera quality degrading rapidly' due to various issues.

So I commented on the image hoping for a clarification from the person that shared it, not instead an apologist lecture from an unrelated party. Both your and my comments should be snipped for threadjacking. In a couple hours I will blank my prior posts for reason "unconstructive".

Wow, you get offended very easily and I'm not apologizing for anything. I was simply wondering what you meant by "camera dying" because I haven't seen a single report of the m8 camera rapidly degrading. I will continue to reply to whatever I want, in whatever thread I want. After all, this is a forum, where people discuss things....

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
this is uncommon.

i read it happened to an M7 user last year as well but he admitted leaving his phone in particularly hot conditions which he suspected caused the glue to melt as well.

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow, you get offended very easily and I'm not apologizing for anything. I was simply wondering what you meant by "camera dying" because I haven't seen a single report of the m8 camera rapidly degrading. I will continue to reply to whatever I want, in whatever thread I want. After all, this is a forum, where people discuss things....

I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Not every picture taken by every camera is going to be in focus and without grain. A camera is a tool and it's only as good as its user. It doesn't necessarily mean his camera is dying

Maybe its not the camera, instead the mirror is out of focus.....