How good is the battery life on the One M8 for an extremely heavy user?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So on a heavy day I'll be internet browsing frequently on Facebook and Reddit and I'll be texting also. This goes on for maybe a few hours. Then I'll be listening to music, using an app to log my workout, and browsing Reddit in between sets. This will go on for about two hours until I get back home. I leave the screen brightness on auto and I'll be out of the house at most for 12 hours.

On my Droid Razr Maxx I can do all this and I'll generally have around half of my battery left, I always charge to 100% also.

Would a One M8 last me? I was planning on waiting for the Galaxy S5 32 GB version because of the removable battery, but there has been no mention of the 32 GB S5 at all and there are rumors of an S5 Prime o nthe horizon with a removable battery and 32 GB storage, but they're just rumors and if they're true I'd have to wait until June or July.

So how is the battery life? I really wish HTC had removable batteries and high megapixel cameras.

Robby Robb

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm a truck driver an use the phone heavy for Spotify, gps, texting, websurfing, Netflix, hulu

An average 7-10 hours battery time I also keep my screen on bright

Posted via Android Central App

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
People have been getting 5-8 hours of screen on time with a full charge so the M8's battery should fit your needs.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I get 6-6.5 hours screen time, which for me is excellent.

I sometimes use the phone pretty heavily (listening to music while 4g web browsing or playing a game) and the phone battery handles that really well.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I am getting pretty good battery life...brightness set to Auto, GPS and auto sync are always on. Most of my usage includes playing music from the SD card, Facebook, video streaming and phone calls

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1399657665036.jpg
    1399657665036.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 92

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I am guessing those who get 6 hours of screen time have their brightness turned down? Also, does keeping it on 3G really make a difference in battery life?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
3 hours max.

Really? That's pretty bad.

I am getting pretty good battery life...brightness set to Auto, GPS and auto sync are always on. Most of my usage includes playing music from the SD card, Facebook, video streaming and phone calls

This is with LTE right? And yeah 3G is easier on the battery.

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been getting great overall battery life,I am not the heaviest user,but if I was I'm sure it would be just fine.

Attachments

• 3665.jpg
    3665.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 71

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
What's your brightness, settings, is it a carrier model(if so,which one?). Any tips?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
i have my brightness set to about 50 percent,i have the gps set to battery saver,i'm on ATT,i have disabled or removed most of the carrier bloatware that came on the phone,other then that i have left everything mostly at stock,also i keep my wifi on most of the time,and that's really helped me save on battery life,i was having some battery issues at first but i did a factory reset and it cleared everything up :)

ZCLUTCH

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
This is as far as I've brought the battery down so far. I'm not a really heavy user, however I use Google Now religiously for traffic updates, email is on Push, auto-brightness, GPS (high accuracy) and Wi-Fi & LTE always on, with BlinkFeed on as well as moderate Facebook, Chrome, and Twitter usage.

Attachments

• 1484.jpg
    1484.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 65

ZCLUTCH

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Also- I had JUST downloaded the Battery Guru Snapdragon app as it was still in "learning" mode, so that hadn't swayed the statistics yet.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I am getting 5 to 6 hrs on screen with the m7 on auto. Don't see any reason for it not to get that or more. I have gotten 7 hrs and 10 min max with about 10% left. Most days phone is off charger for 14 to 16 hrs and I charge it at night. I don't think you should have any problem. And as for the guy that said 3 hrs max he either has a bad phone, bad apps or he pulling your leg because that's not normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol