How to get decent battery life with the m8

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So I started with average battery life on the m8, 4-5 hours screen on time over 8 hours. I've done a ton of troubleshooting and now I have a few tips to help you out!
1. Lux auto brightness. The main battery gobbler is the screen. With lux, you can set at which lighting conditions to have what brightness, and it works amazingly. Use this to save a ton of battery.
2. Gsam use this to find which apps are killing battery
3. Deep sleep battery saver. This app turns off Wi-Fi and data when the screen turns off. Sure there are a few downsides to this, but just try it out, since it will help you get days of standby.
4. Battery life repair. I use this app, and I'm not sure if this works(tell me in the comments) but it seems to have high ratings in the play store and I use it.
5. Monitor your syncing. You don't have to turn it off completely, but tone it down a little. And if course, turn off Bluetooth and nfc.
6. Look through your settings. You'll probably find another setting to save battery.
7. Limit downloaded apps/disable unneeded ones

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
avuvaza9.jpg

Just double the screen on time and use time since I use 50%

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I do is have Power Saver enabled and I always get exceptional battery life. I'm at about 40% well after 13 hours with moderate to heavy use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just have to ask why is a few days of standby needed? Why not plug in when you go to sleep?

I mean I am all for battery through the whole day but once you go to sleep.. Plugging in so you can be full when you wake up is the best idea.. But that's just me :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
umaqavag.jpg

Last night I plugged my phone in and then in the middle of the night I knocked it off my nightstand and it unplugged.it was on a very weak Wi-Fi network while I was asleep. Here are the stats of today

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/11/umaqavag.jpg
Last night I plugged my phone in and then in the middle of the night I knocked it off my nightstand and it unplugged.it was on a very weak Wi-Fi network while I was asleep. Here are the stats of today

Look at the held awake time, it shouldn't be that high. Otherwise that's not horrible

Posted via Android Central App

oaklandm

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hijack your thread but is this held awake time looks really high? I can't find any apps that seem to be keeping the phone awake.

Attachments

• 12599.jpg
    12599.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 66

Graahle

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm no power user, but since I got my m8 a week ago I've been getting well over a day and a half, almost two days without needing to charge.

It's insane.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hijack your thread but is this held awake time looks really high? I can't find any apps that seem to be keeping the phone awake.

Try using deep sleep battery saver and an app called fast reboot(it closes all your apps and opens them back up again) and that should kill rogue apps

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Ironically I've noticed android central does like to kill battery, so I started using tapatalk and an RSS reader

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Try using deep sleep battery saver and an app called fast reboot(it closes all your apps and opens them back up again) and that should kill rogue apps

Just identify the app and force close it in settings.

Battery saver and task killing apps do more harm than good

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Just identify the app and force close it in settings.

Battery saver and task killing apps do more harm than good

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Deep sleep is different tho. What it does is turn off Wi-Fi and data when the screen are off and it makes standby last forever

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO