Need a car Mount

jam3s121

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I need a car mount for my HTC one M8. I previously had a Droid Razr M car mount made by Motorola and it was very good, it came with different plates made the phone fit snug with almost any type of case or no case. I see that the HTC model doesn't work with a case

Anyone have any recommendations? must be suction cup mount and fit very snug. Some on the store look very ugly, and not intuitive. Here's the one I had.

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 111

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You know, I previously used an inexpensive one I found on Amazon with my M7, but I've decided to stop mounting my M8 because it just gets too hot up there!

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the iBolt ProDock Alumina from the Shopandroid store. It's a universal one but is pretty adjustable and works really well for me.

Sent from my HTC One M8

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got a universal mount from best buy. Its the clamp type with suction cup so it fits snuggly on any phone. Works pretty well. I would suggest stopping by.

Posted via Android Central App

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The official car dock is out there, but is hard to find. Part number is HTC 60-3135-05-BB according to HTC's store, which is always out of stock. You used to be able to order it from Bestbuy online, but it is not there anymore. There are a few for sale on Amazon using that part number to search.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The Aduro is very nice and the suction cup is maybe the best I have seen. Make sure you clean whatever your going to stick it too the first time with a little alcohol and it will never fall, even in textured surfaces. The one handed operation on this one is probably a little overstated though. You may get it in that way but not out. There is and all black version also.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The official car dock is out there, but is hard to find. Part number is HTC 60-3135-05-BB according to HTC's store, which is always out of stock. You used to be able to order it from Bestbuy online, but it is not there anymore. There are a few for sale on Amazon using that part number to search.
A little easier search term is the D190 official part from HTC. I had a similar mount for previous HTC phone and it is really a nice one, especially the way they have integrated the power cable into the base. Just slide it in and you are connected with the car dock chosen within the M8.
But the price is just too high....I am waiting till it is offered at a max of $50, no mount is worth $70. 41wvO0hJxOL.jpg

Video of the same mount when I used it on the M7..just moved the charger cable for the M8. http://is.gd/NuC5gV
In the meantime, I am using my modified belt clip mount. Clear siliconed a L shaped power cable into the bottom of a belt clip, and attached a magnet to the back of the belt clip to connect to a magnetic window mount. One of the nice things about this mount is that you can just pull the whole mounted phone off the magnetic window mount and answer a call.

Last edited:

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
the official dock won't support cases though, I might go with this.. http://www.amazon.com/Aduro-Univers...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3648833

if you notice from this photo the official Motorola one has a great design, use the spacer if you run naked, take it out if big case and theres a medium sized spacer too.

View attachment 117552

kronos, does that one auto open the htc car app when docked?

There's no auto dock, I just keep a car mode icon on my home screen.

Sent from my HTC One M8

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
If you are not needing one just to use the built in Car Dock Software, I have been using ProClips for years. They are a bit on the spendy side, but well worth it in my opinion. With ProClip it is a two part system.

1) Select you car mount option. (Suction cup, dashboard, console, pedestal, etc.) With the exception of the suction cup option, these are car specific.

2)Then select your device mount. If you want a device specific mount they have those. But after I upgraded my phone two or three times, I went with the universal with a dashboard mount.

Below is the suction cup mount option and the Universal Phone mount that I have used with my EVO 4G, EVO 4G LTE and now my M8. All three had cases and the phone holder adjusted nice and firmly around it.

ProClip M8 Phone Holders (Univeral Included on Page)
Suction Cup Mount

Hope this helps.

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I use the official HTC dock and it's awesome. available at amazon. I had the M7 official dock as well, and it's about the same. M8 dock maybe a little more snug, although might just be because it's not a year old. Launches car mode automatically, looks nice, super stable, and very adjustable. comes with 2A quickcharge 2 compatible charger. I agree it's a bit pricey, but when you think about what you get for 15 or 20 bucks, the built quality and usability is really in a whole different league.

I use it in conjunction with a proclips vent mount base, which puts my phone in a very convenient location, and added benefit of vent mount: when it's hot, the A/C blows on the phone, keeping it cool.

enuffsaid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have yet to find anything for less that can really compare. Like I said, a little on the spendy side but with their system, I yet to be dissatisfied.

Perhaps I'm missing something. Frankly I find them very expensive. For the same money I get a carkit which can hold my phone in landscape / portrait, has bluetooth, speaker, etc. How would these proclips be better? I'm just asking here. As I said, perhaps I'm missing something.

Tnx.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps I'm missing something. Frankly I find them very expensive. For the same money I get a carkit which can hold my phone in landscape / portrait, has bluetooth, speaker, etc. How would these proclips be better? I'm just asking here. As I said, perhaps I'm missing something.

Tnx.

Yes, As I mentioned in my original post, they are on the spendy side. That being said, ProClip Mounts swivel both landscape AND portrait. As for Bluetooth I have it in my car and don really need that option on a mount. The speaker, I have found that the M8's built in front speakers work quite well for a speakerphone while driving. And as for a carkit/carmode, I really don't have a use for it personally.

How are the ProClips better, well that is really up to anyone's perception to justify and when it really boils down to it, what works best for you. BUT the Proclips are a modular design. There a car specific mount options as well as universal when it comes to the mounting point. Same with the device/phone. There are one specifically for a device and generic universal. The also have charging options for those device specific options. With some of the other cheaper options, I have used in the past that have a tendency to not hold up very well to the wear and tear and end up breaking. I have never had a ProClip solution breaking on me ever. The build quality and the plastics used can take a beating.

So yes, they are on the expensive side. But if you but a mount point solution for your car, they only needs to be done once unless you buy a different car. Never if you get the universal solution like a suction cup. Same goes for the device mount. You can buy the specific device mount and change it out every two years or ever year pending on the frequency of your upgrade pattern. Less if you go with a univalve adjustable device cradle/mount. In my case I have have the exact same vehicle and universal device mount for the last three devices I have owned. And I upgrade every two years.

Thanks

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
There's no auto dock, I just keep a car mode icon on my home screen.

For car mounts without the cable that detects and launches automode try AutomateIt app. You can set AutomateIT to launch car mode from various triggers... Movement, connection to a specific Bluetooth device, or NFC tag that I mount to the car mount. I have the NFC tag trigger
Turn off Wifi
Turn ON bluetooth
Start CarHome Ultra (better than native car mode imo)
Volume to Max
Start TuneIn Radio Pro to stream BT to my car radio
And start another script that sends an auto reply to incoming texts that tells them I am driving and will respond later.

electriclarryland

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the ProClip vent mount with the medium size adjustable phone module for a month now, and it works great for my M8 in a Seidio Surface case with kickstand. Having a quality system that seems like it will work with this phone, and my next as well, is worth it to me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney