05-13-2014 02:43 PM
52 123
tools
    I have no problems with mine when I disable mobile data and turn on WiFi. I even have Tasker set up to do it for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    05-13-2014 08:40 AM
    Is anyone buying this? I surely am not.
    I think I would have to agree, unless 3 have made an error there is no way that would happen. I'm on 3UK as well and they send me a text when I've used 80% of my data cap. For this to happen, you'd have had to miss that text and several others and then download another 4 or so GB at their overuse prices.

They even state this on their website:
    Once you’ve used up your monthly allowance, you won’t be able to use the internet without buying an Add-on, so you won’t spend more on data than you want to. We’ll send you text messages when you’ve used up 80% and 100% of your data allowance, so you should never run out unexpectedly.
    05-13-2014 09:14 AM
    Guys please dont send me rude negative comments I swear I wish ur phone has data issues then u will know im in tears here

Ulimate Note 3
    05-13-2014 09:24 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts.

Thread has been cleaned again.

Once again: If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!

Thanks!
    05-13-2014 09:44 AM
    You should consider a larger data plan. 1GB is a very small amount of data.

Posted via Android Central App
    If people could afford a higher data plan, they would. No need to state the obvious.
    05-13-2014 09:53 AM
    Sorry if you viewed my post as being rude. If your phone has used that much data there must have been an error in 3's system to allow it to happen - they should have protections against that. If you got no luck with customer support you could always try emailing the CEO to see what he (or his office says), that sometimes helps.
    05-13-2014 11:14 AM
    If people could afford a higher data plan, they would. No need to state the obvious.
    Its not about data plan my friend has unlimited plan and he was charged over 200 pounds

Ulimate Note 3
    05-13-2014 12:56 PM
    Its not about data plan my friend has unlimited plan and he was charged over 200 pounds

Ulimate Note 3
    What was he charged 200 pounds for if he has an unlimited data plan?

05-13-2014 01:12 PM
    What was he charged 200 pounds for if he has an unlimited data plan?

Yes and cos of this Damn phone with this bloody virus

Ulimate Note 3
    05-13-2014 01:26 PM

Ulimate Note 3
    I asked what he was charged for...

05-13-2014 01:29 PM
    Doesn't your carrier offer warning? My carrier allows multiple warning points, say 50 %, 90%, 100% of usage. They will send you a text or email.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    05-13-2014 01:30 PM
    Doesn't your carrier offer warning?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Yes they do, which is why his problem doesn't make sense

05-13-2014 01:33 PM

Ulimate Note 3
    How did it get to being a virus now? First it was eating your data and now it has a virus? Also, you said it happened to 2 of your mates in one post, then it jumped to 4 of them in another post....
    Skyway and ErnstMach like this.
    05-13-2014 01:52 PM
    How did it get to being a virus now? First it was eating your data and now it has a virus? Also, you said it happened to 2 of your mates in one post, then it jumped to 4 of them in another post....
    Nothing he's saying makes sense, it all sounds made up
    coronaboy10 and ErnstMach like this.
    05-13-2014 01:57 PM
    That is weird i have a m8 with ee with 2gb data and that has not happend to me.
    Same here.
    Maybe it's a fault with M8s on 3.
    05-13-2014 02:00 PM
    Same here.
    To me it sounds like it's an issue with the carrier, but then again the op is constantly contradicting himself, so who knows for sure.

05-13-2014 02:01 PM
    So it's a hardware fault but a virus and getting massive bill shocks with unlimited data being used.

Something proper fishy here.
    05-13-2014 02:01 PM
    Not sure about 3 but EE is capped, so once you hit your cap your data is shut off at the carrier end till you buy more data.
    05-13-2014 02:04 PM
    Yes they do, which is why his problem doesn't make sense

Listen you (edited by Moderator) cant you read I was charged for data even when my data icon was off

Ulimate Note 3
    05-13-2014 02:12 PM
    Same here.
    No its a fault with the phone

Ulimate Note 3
    05-13-2014 02:13 PM
    Dat "Ulimate Note 3" sig still makes this look like trolling but I know 3 itself is a bad carrier that exemplifies the merger of British bureaucracy with corporate incompetence.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    05-13-2014 02:16 PM
    Listen you (edited by Moderator) cant you read I was charged for data even when my data icon was off

Ulimate Note 3
    You said your friend with an unlimited data plan was also charged. I asked what for and all you said was yes, so I assumed that he was charged for data as well. How can someone be charged for extra data if they have an unlimited data plan? That doesn't make sense.

Also you original stated 2 of your friends had the same issue, then a little later you claimed it was 4. That doesn't make sense either.

Then you said it was a virus, after you clearly claimed HTC knew about it and said it was a hardware problem that other people have had. Why would HTC offer you a refund if it was a virus? That doesn't make sense.

This is why I said nothing you have posted makes sense. No need to call me names, just clarify when someone asks you questions about the issues you are having.

Like I've said before, the radio antennae in the m8 can't magically receive a signal if it's turned off. Your carrier is at fault for charging you, it's not the phone.

coronaboy10, Kibbster and law2010 like this.
    05-13-2014 02:18 PM
    No its a fault with the phone

Ulimate Note 3
    First, calm down. Personal insults are unacceptable. Secondly, your issue isn't common and you do contradict yourself a lot. Just relax, explain the situation and ignore those who say things you feel the need to lash out at.

With that said, its not a virus if HTC says its common. However, its not common based on the feedback here and no one seems to share your phone carrier. So more than likely the problem lies with the carrier rather than HTC.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    05-13-2014 02:29 PM
    First, calm down. Personal insults are unacceptable. Secondly, your issue isn't common and you do contradict yourself a lot. Just relax, explain the situation and ignore those who say things you feel the need to lash out at.

With that said, its not a virus if HTC says its common. However, its not common based on the feedback here and no one seems to share your phone carrier. So more than likely the problem lies with the carrier rather than HTC.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    There is someone who has the same carrier as him and he quoted off 3's website which clearly says they will text you at 80 and 100% of your data plan.

05-13-2014 02:36 PM
    Here:

I think I would have to agree, unless 3 have made an error there is no way that would happen. I'm on 3UK as well and they send me a text when I've used 80% of my data cap. For this to happen, you'd have had to miss that text and several others and then download another 4 or so GB at their overuse prices.

They even state this on their website:
    05-13-2014 02:37 PM
52 123