M8 Worst phone ?637 data used

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have to say, by your logic my nexus 7's power port issue which I had to send it in for makes it the "worst tablet ever, nobody should ever buy it, Asus is loser. " judging this phone on one isolated issue is a little bit silly, don't you think? If there were dozens of people on this forum complaining about ?600 data overages on their M8s, I would be more inclined to say that it's a bad phone. However, this has been the only complaint you've had and it certainly could have been a carrier issue and not the phone.

Is there something that you're holding back about that caused you to decide that the M8 is indeed the worst phone? If so, tell me, since I definitely want to know before I buy one.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Worst phone due to data usage? I have many friends with the M8 and not one complains about the issue you're having. I mentioned it to them and they had no idea what I was referring to.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone buying this? I surely am not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm not, it doesn't make sense. When mobile data is off, the radios can't magically pick up a signal and use data. Doesn't add up....

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Im on 1 gig but j have been told its the rubbish htc m8 phone im getting a different phone also 4 of my mates have the same issue

Ulimate Note 3

Doubtful. I have a 4GB data plan and the M8 barely crosses the 1GB mark only when I am traveling for a week or so at a time and do not hook up to wifi.

You probably have a rogue app eating your data.

You should consider a larger data plan. 1GB is a very small amount of data.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have no problems with mine when I disable mobile data and turn on WiFi. I even have Tasker set up to do it for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

skyhigh_91

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone buying this? I surely am not.
I think I would have to agree, unless 3 have made an error there is no way that would happen. I'm on 3UK as well and they send me a text when I've used 80% of my data cap. For this to happen, you'd have had to miss that text and several others and then download another 4 or so GB at their overuse prices.

They even state this on their website:
Once you?ve used up your monthly allowance, you won?t be able to use the internet without buying an Add-on, so you won?t spend more on data than you want to. We?ll send you text messages when you?ve used up 80% and 100% of your data allowance, so you should never run out unexpectedly.

waz ahmer

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Guys please dont send me rude negative comments I swear I wish ur phone has data issues then u will know im in tears here

Ulimate Note 3

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts.

Thread has been cleaned again.

Once again: If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!

Thanks!

skyhigh_91

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if you viewed my post as being rude. If your phone has used that much data there must have been an error in 3's system to allow it to happen - they should have protections against that. If you got no luck with customer support you could always try emailing the CEO to see what he (or his office says), that sometimes helps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't your carrier offer warning? My carrier allows multiple warning points, say 50 %, 90%, 100% of usage. They will send you a text or email.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes and cos of this Damn phone with this bloody virus

Ulimate Note 3

How did it get to being a virus now? First it was eating your data and now it has a virus? Also, you said it happened to 2 of your mates in one post, then it jumped to 4 of them in another post....

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
How did it get to being a virus now? First it was eating your data and now it has a virus? Also, you said it happened to 2 of your mates in one post, then it jumped to 4 of them in another post....

Nothing he's saying makes sense, it all sounds made up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey