Had to fire Sprint!

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I was so frustrated to not be in a Sprint area that receives LTE or 4G for that matter. I simply could not get a data connection outside of my household where I have Wi-Fi. I've been paying Sprint for 4G service for four years ever since the Evo 3D, and they just downright SUCK! So, I cut their asses loose and went to Tmobile! OMG! Now I can see the true potential of my M8! Everything works better and that does mean everything! To those of you getting wonky service from Sprint and you're on a budget, T-Mobile has done it for me! I virtually have 4g speed everywhere I go now and 75% of the time, I'm on LTE! I just can't believe the difference. I'm still in shock!

Posted via Android Central App

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with sprint in the Portland metro area. My LTE coverage is great. They have been upgrading some spots to 4G that had 3G only weeks ago...

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

alyled

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I was with sprint for 6 years, their coverage was shoddy in NW Florida where I live. At times I had no kind of signal period. Switching to Verizon fixed that problem real quick. And personally I've liked the Verizon line up better than Sprint's for the last 5+ years.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like some of you have had some luck with them, but I just couldn't take it any more.I had been loyal to them for 10 years!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like some of you have had some luck with them, but I just couldn't take it any more.I had been loyal to them for 10 years!

Yeah in Jacksonville I dealt with 3g speeds... Below is a common 3g speed test I had when I was with them. It was horrible. I'm on T-Mobile now and loving it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1399906327452.jpg
    1399906327452.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 156

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Also never had a problem with Sprint and now with the Flex I've checked and my dropped call spot when driving is gone when I turn on GSM roaming.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I was with sprint for 16 years, and just left for Verizon. Best decision ever. 4g everywhere!

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Fellow ex-Sprint user, had been with them for 13 years but got fed up with the atrocious network speeds and dumped them for T-Mobile and the Nexus 4 back in 2012. Never looked back. Even without LTE my T-Mo speeds run circles around what I was getting on Sprint (even WiMax when it worked), although I will admit I could pull phone signal in the most bizarre places on the Sprint network.

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Coverage is all about where your at, at that moment. One carrier is going to be better than the rest in any giving area. You just have to see what is best for you're needs. Sprint is almost as good as big red in my area (just a lot cheaper & unlimited) tmo and AT&T suck! Just go with what works best for you and hammer down.

OptDoug

May 12, 2014
Visit site
This will be my third year with Sprint. I was on Verizon previously. (I know,don't ask :) ). The first two years with an iPhone 4s were pretty miserable. But since I got the M8 it's a lot better and suprisingly 4g coverage is pretty good. And so far with this,new phone I have not dropped a single call yet. The guy at Sprint also said they plan to have the whole bay area covered by the end of summer. But I'm kind of taking that with a grain of salt.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Was with Sprint for over 10 years. When the smartphone boom hit in 2009, 3g speeds went to nothing in my area. Literally didn't see above 100kbps in my area since 2009. No 4g (obviously). At a major event (baseball game, concert, etc), literally no service at all. I about had it towards the end of last year, during peak hours I couldn't make a call or even send a text.

Moved to verizon last month when this phone launched. Yes, the limited data is a pain, but at least I HAVE data, and can send texts (it IS 2014 afterall haha).

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had sprint for 10 years in West Virginia. From the beginning had service in areas most other areas didn't cover, and relatively solid service.

The past 4 weeks (1 week after purchasing the m8) my service has gone to ****. Data connection is almost non existent, dropped called if they dial out.

@sprintcare tweeted me and stated they were updating 6 towers in the area. I would think they'd find a way to upgrade the infrastructure without degrading the quality of the network.

Posted via the One successor to the One

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
To those defending Sprint. All I can say people want to feel happy with what service they pay for and what their money goes to. With that being said look around you and you'll see that Sprint by far has the most unhappy customers and is the worst talked about carrier. Message boards, tech sites, reviewers and an abundance of unhappy customers basically say the same thing and that Sprint by far has the worst mobile network out of all. You may be happy that you got lucky and are in a small pocket where Sprint might perform good but your the exception to a serious problem. To top it off Sprint lost almost half a million customers last quarter and that's not because their abundance of satisfied customers , great coverage, awesome data speeds and service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol