tools
    This worked for me:
    -Restart your phone on safe-mode
    -Go to camera app, you'll see the switch button again
    -Restart your phone as normal
    -its there
    07-22-2016 07:24 AM
    I’ve HTC one Mini , os version 4.4.2.
    Not able to switch to front camera , I did factory reset , no use. Just after factory reset , when opened the camera app it does give a message “swipe to switch between main and front camera ” but if I swipe - the screen brightness changes but not camera 🙁 , really frustrated burnt lot of night oil ,
    I remember it was working earlier , all of sudden stopped working , thought might be due to other apps I installed. Strange even for factory reset its same ( note after factory rest I’ve not restored any data to avoid any conflict )

Also I tried below but no luck:
    -Restart your phone on safe-mode
    -Go to camera app, you'll see the switch button again ( I didn't see the button )
    -Restart your phone as normal

Any help please , please
    08-27-2016 10:00 PM
    I have an HTC one Mini 2. Rear camera stopped with "cannot start camera". Was working fine for six months. I've tried every fix I could find, including hard reset. I've rooted the phone after unlocking bootloader so that I could run a Camera Restart tool, but although the tool seems to run OK, it does not solve my problem. A few users have reported HTC telling them that their rear camera module has "fried" when they have returned the phone. One person replaced the rear camera module, but this didn't help. So I'm now pretty sure this is a hardware failure, and short of opening the phone up to check the connections, I don't see any solution. My warranty has just expired too. The only thing I can think of that may have caused the issue is that I used the "Flashlight" app on highest power for about 10 minutes a few days before I noticed the failure. Could this have overheated something? Who knows? Very frustrating, as I love the phone apart from this issue. Difficult to sell it too now. HTC seem to have been very quiet on this issue considering how many reports there are of HTC users having problems with rear camera.
    11-09-2016 09:16 AM
28 12