05-19-2014 10:25 PM
36 12
tools
    I have had zero problems with sprint in my area. I will say though that this spark debacle is a mess for lots of folks just haven't had issues where I am.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint signal issues-uploadfromtaptalk1400242768858.jpg  
    ttwiitch and Almeuit like this.
    05-16-2014 07:19 AM
    Here's the biggest issue for me...Sprint's main LTE in all but the largest spark-enabled cities is at 1900 mhz, so it has very poor building penetration. So, the fallback is always going to be their nearly-useless 3g.

After having used AT&T for the last couple days, my LTE connection persists inside buildings where Sprint's couldn't, and when it falls back, it falls back to a still-plenty-fast HSPA+ network that still has zero trouble streaming YouTube in high quality. The difference is so drastic. That, combined with DOUBLING of battery life, makes this decision to switch that much more sweet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    05-16-2014 10:53 AM
    Man, every time I open a thread about Sprint, you are always hating; directly or indirectly.

How about talking of how bad call quality is for many ppl on T-Mobile, and the constant dropped calls? (Not you, because from what I understood, T-Mobile does the job for you to perfection) but for others.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I have perfect reason to hate.. I'm talking from experience. From a few months ago experience... You're taking the word from others. All mine is first hand usage.

As for the call quality and dropped calls I don't see it. I don't see people around the forums complaining on that for T-mobile... They manly complain on coverage (2g - edge) which I agree.. Is not T-Mobile's strong suit.

Also from first hand experience I've never had an issue with calls.. I can always call and have been when traveling from Jacksonville to New Jersey.. Heck even when going to Orland and Stuart Florida.

This is so old...and yes it WAS like this.... But I haven't seen this since, much less with that high ping and full signal bars.

Maybe you should try the current Sprint and reconsider your words? They are far from perfect, but putting the network down in some sort of hate for 3-4 year old speed test results?

Att is the best network I've seen, hands down. But caps and high prices is their negative. You don't see ppl posting up phone bills saying Att sucks.....

Try Sprint first hand? I still do. It is getting better in my area slowly.. My parents, brother, few coworkers all have Sprint. I manage the framily plan for my parents.. Since we'll.. I always manage their tech related stuff. They'd rather not and don't stay up to date on it.

It is getting better... But they still have major issues with dropping to 3g and then being horrible. Their LTE is fine at around 10 Mbit average when you are on it.

You can say I'm hating and I'll agree to an extent.... I was a customer.. I'm not just bashing without trying and going on others opinions. I went through hell on Sprint and had to deal with horrible speeds while paying money for higher speeds. Sorry if I couldn't stand to stick around... You obviously can and your area is good.. Mine wasn't so I left. Easy as that.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    05-16-2014 11:21 AM
    I have had zero problems with sprint in my area. I will say though that this spark debacle is a mess for lots of folks just haven't had issues where I am.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Nice speeds sir! I got some good speeds near my work.. They were doing stuff to a tower near my work.. now I see this .

Attached Thumbnails Sprint signal issues-1400257344517.jpg  
    05-16-2014 11:22 AM
    I can say this... Randomly placing my Moto X in airplane mode to ensure the handoff really happened is not my favorite hobby.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Almeuit likes this.
    05-16-2014 11:39 AM
    I have perfect reason to hate.. I'm talking from experience. From a few months ago experience... You're taking the word from others. All mine is first hand usage.

As for the call quality and dropped calls I don't see it. I don't see people around the forums complaining on that for T-mobile... They manly complain on coverage (2g - edge) which I agree.. Is not T-Mobile's strong suit.

Also from first hand experience I've never had an issue with calls.. I can always call and have been when traveling from Jacksonville to New Jersey.. Heck even when going to Orland and Stuart Florida.

Try Sprint first hand? I still do. It is getting better in my area slowly.. My parents, brother, few coworkers all have Sprint. I manage the framily plan for my parents.. Since we'll.. I always manage their tech related stuff. They'd rather not and don't stay up to date on it.

It is getting better... But they still have major issues with dropping to 3g and then being horrible. Their LTE is fine at around 10 Mbit average when you are on it.

You can say I'm hating and I'll agree to an extent.... I was a customer.. I'm not just bashing without trying and going on others opinions. I went through hell on Sprint and had to deal with horrible speeds while paying money for higher speeds. Sorry if I couldn't stand to stick around... You obviously can and your area is good.. Mine wasn't so I left. Easy as that.

I understand this, and very clearly. But its the constant bashing over and over. If you're not a sprint customer atm, why keep bashing? Just because your mom and pops have sprint doesn't mean you know current day to day use and feel for it. Is this how u wasted 633gb from T-Mobile lol?

05-16-2014 12:08 PM
    I understand this, and very clearly. But its the constant bashing over and over. If you're not a sprint customer atm, why keep bashing? Just because your mom and pops have sprint doesn't mean you know current day to day use and feel for it. Is this how u wasted 633gb from T-Mobile lol?

Wasted? Or used what I pay for? .

That is true I don't use it day by day anymore but when people say oh it really isn't as bad as people make it I will chime in to say yeah it is. Those people aren't just lying.. Why would they make up stories to leave when they stayed for so many years? It wouldn't make sense.

05-16-2014 12:13 PM
    Wasted? Or used what I pay for? .

That is true I don't use it day by day anymore but when people say oh it really isn't as bad as people make it I will chime in to say yeah it is. Those people aren't just lying.. Why would they make up stories to leave when they stayed for so many years? It wouldn't make sense.

I totally agree here! It's my feeling that people who've been loyal and got shanked should be able to bash until they're satisfied! I actually still have my son's phone on Sprint only because I didn't want to finance a brand new phone for a 12 year old on T-Mobile. And, Sprint is giving away free Galaxy tabs, just to keep you there. They got me with it at 15 bucks a month. That aside, I'm just loving my T-Mobile. I've had no dropped calls or data capping or any of that. Just have LTE service wherever I'm at. When LTE isn't available, I've dropped down to 4g which is still plenty fast. When I'm at my lady's place I even turn off my Wi-Fi because my LTE is faster. Whodda thunk! I'm just in love! Lol! I have an M8 on T-Mobile and I'm not getting drained, the phone is paid in full and I'm not in a contract! WTF more can you ask for!? The fact that I can go whenever I feel makes me wanna stay forever! Ha! :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    05-17-2014 09:13 AM
    This is true, I've been with Sprint for 13yrs, my S4 had no problems with signal and LTE for the most part. However switching to the M8, and it has serious problems with the hand off. It does pick up LTE in places where my S4 didn't, however the cost is missed calls, txts and data when it can't hand off correctly. I contacted Sprint several times, and their remedy was to turn off LTE. While that did help the situation, I shouldn't have to have it off in order to have reliable service. I'm hoping there is a fix soon, if not I'll be looking at other options or going back to my S4.
    Sounds like confirmation the M8 has the handoff bug. Well a couple days ago I drove several hundred miles running a Shoutcast radio stream. The audio never cut out and at the end of the trip I had LTE, it wasn't stuck in 3g. So the Flex doesn't have that problem.

It seems like I dodged a bullet, and got a phone that's not broken on Sprint. M8 should have a sticky that says "avoid Sprint with this model of phone"
    05-19-2014 08:51 AM
    Sounds like confirmation the M8 has the handoff bug. Well a couple days ago I drove several hundred miles running a Shoutcast radio stream. The audio never cut out and at the end of the trip I had LTE, it wasn't stuck in 3g. So the Flex doesn't have that problem.

It seems like I dodged a bullet, and got a phone that's not broken on Sprint. M8 should have a sticky that says "avoid Sprint with this model of phone"
    I think you're right because my HTC M8 worked like crap on Sprint. Moved to T-Mobile and the difference is nothing short of amazing. Sprint doesn't optimize phones to work on their network, so you basically have good phones performing like crap. The hand off bug is a joke, there's no such thing in T-Mobile! The HTC One M8 on Sprint has a Spark splash screen and the damn phone probably only works on Spark because Sprint didn't tweak it to work with their entire crap-for-service network!

05-19-2014 01:20 PM
    I think you're right because my HTC M8 worked like crap on Sprint. Moved to T-Mobile and the difference is nothing short of amazing. Sprint doesn't optimize phones to work on their network, so you basically have good phones performing like crap. The hand off bug is a joke, there's no such thing in T-Mobile! The HTC One M8 on Sprint has a Spark splash screen and the damn phone probably only works on Spark because Sprint didn't tweak it to work with their entire crap-for-service network!

Supposedly the bug can happen on Verizon too due to the network tech, but it happens less because Verizon has a different rollout strategy.
    05-19-2014 10:25 PM
36 12