AT&T M8's to get "extreme power savings" update this week!

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! I read the article but it didn't say anything about a new audio codec? Did I miss something?

Posted via Android Central App
No definite firmware update to the audio codec- just hoping we get updated to the Harmon Kardon firmware update even if we don't officially get the "software".

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
No definite firmware update to the audio codec- just hoping we get updated to the Harmon Kardon firmware update even if we don't officially get the "software".

The ATT, dev and unlocked models all share the same SKU. The software version likely will be slightly different, but chances are it'll be very similar to what's here:

Unlocked and Developer HTC One M8 receiving Extreme Power Saving mode update | Android Central

Dunno where everyone's getting a new audio codec from ...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am sure you can get it if someone makes it via root and a ROM.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't do anything when I hit the look for update button but I have this annoying notification stuck in my bar
7uda3ahu.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Yes, the firmware update on the audio codec was included in the Harmon Kardon software. Just hoping that it's in our update - without rooting the phone. To be clear- it would just be a part of this update - an audio codec firmware update, not the whole HK equalizer software with clarifi, etc. It just would be nice to have any incremental firmware updates that came out after the phones release. The audio "hardware"
is supposed to be the same in the regular M8 and the Sprint Harmon Kardon edition.

Just updated, the build # is now 1.58.502.1.

Last edited:

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
How do I update if I'm on T-Mobile using a Att M8? Because I haven't gotten the update. By the way I'm not rooted .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463