Mophie Juice Pack for the M8?

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Anker doesn't make a charging case, only mophie. Anker makes good extra batteries, have one myself.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Nice find! This is the first battery case I've seen for the m8. I had the mophie case for my m7 and loved it, but like you said, not sure of the brand and fitment

Posted via Android Central App

Well, I was planning to go with a Spigen case, but this has me thinking. 3200 mAh extra would see me through (potentially) 3 days on a single (full phone+case) charge, assuming it functions as advertised.

My only concern would be that because the case plugs into the charging port (out of necessity), if the phone were dropped on the bottom, this could (theoretically) damage the charging port of the phone. The odds are slim, of course, and I'm not one to drop a phone (even my awful LG Lucid that I don't care about) but still, that would make me nervous, and it's not that I would even need the extra power...but I'm still tempted by this. I take long bus rides once or twice a year, sometimes more, and it would be nice to have something that I know won't run out of power.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was planning to go with a Spigen case, but this has me thinking. 3200 mAh extra would see me through (potentially) 3 days on a single (full phone+case) charge, assuming it functions as advertised.

My only concern would be that because the case plugs into the charging port (out of necessity), if the phone were dropped on the bottom, this could (theoretically) damage the charging port of the phone. The odds are slim, of course, and I'm not one to drop a phone (even my awful LG Lucid that I don't care about) but still, that would make me nervous, and it's not that I would even need the extra power...but I'm still tempted by this. I take long bus rides once or twice a year, sometimes more, and it would be nice to have something that I know won't run out of power.

I dropped my m7 a few times with the mophie case and the way I looked at it was that since the charging port on the phone was filled with the case's charger, it wouldn't receive as much damage, if that makes sense. The biggest gripe I had with the mophie case was the thickness, it was almost you thick. I'd imagine with the one you posted it would be extremely thick because of the 3200maH battery, the mophie only had a 2500maH battery

mmmcheesedanish

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Excellent find. No guarantee it would be super thick though...the 100% extra battery life mophie for my iPhone 4s compared to the one for the 5 was easy thicker.

Also mophie is basically useless if you ask them because I did and my response was that it might be a few months if they do make the case

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my m7 a few times with the mophie case and the way I looked at it was that since the charging port on the phone was filled with the case's charger, it wouldn't receive as much damage, if that makes sense. The biggest gripe I had with the mophie case was the thickness, it was almost you thick. I'd imagine with the one you posted it would be extremely thick because of the 3200maH battery, the mophie only had a 2500maH battery

That's definitely possible, as the case's plug would preserve the structure of the phone's plug, but if you drop it at a certain angle, couldn't the case's plug come loose from the case and cause damage in the phone? I dunno, not something very likely. I'm not even very likely to drop the phone without a case since I've never dropped my current phone, which I kind of hope gets run over by an 18-wheel truck, dropped out of an airplane at 30,000 feet, thrown into a river and then falls into an active volcano. Now, assuming I will care more about my M8 than my current phone, I think I would rather have a case for it, just in case something does happen.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Do people really need the extra battery on the m8? I had one on my m7 but have found that with the m8 I always make it the day with juice left and I'm a semi heavy user off and on during the day. These things are a waste

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I asked Mophie. There may be some help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1401738239873.jpg
    1401738239873.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 25