So the HTC One M8 has been released for more than a month. How is everyone feeling about it?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So how is everyone feeling about their One M8 after a month's worth of use? I got mine last Saturday and so far I'm happy with it, definitely better than the S5 I was originally planning on.

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I love the phone. But, I dropped it because I'm a clutz, and the back has two big dents, and several smaller ones. I'm not too happy about that.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Super glad I didn't get the S5. Photography has been a joy and has opened up new doors. Sound is game-changing. Speed kills everything else. Looks great. So glad I got the M8.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I like the build quality, camera performance is acceptable for me. This is the first phone I would probably actually watch videos on and I have listened to music on it using the speakers at my desk. I think I may also ditch my mp3 player as I have loaded my music on the phone.

petermpls

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Love the phone! The UI is very smooth and is a good interpretation of the Google standards. Phone feels good in the hand. Very glad I chose the M8 over the S5.

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone. The materials and build quality. The camera usually takes good photos, occasionally I have to manually adjust it to get the photo where I need it. This is the only Android phone I would consider. The original HTC One (M7) was the Android phone that finally got me away from iPhone and I didn't regret it, so moving to this one was a no brainer.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
How is the reception for everyone on the HTC? I'm considering getting one over the Max but I am unsure.

I came from the Note 3 and S4 and seeing the reception is better on this phone (Verizon/Phoenix,AZ). LTE has always been average at best here and drop to 3G in several areas despite what their coverage map says, but it is not as bad as it was on my Note 3.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
How is the reception for everyone on the HTC? I'm considering getting one over the Max but I am unsure.

I've had zero problems with reception. All the same signal strength as my other phones and call quality has been perfectly fine. I too have a moto x and it's been just as good as that for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I won't buy anything Samsung. Every Samsung product I've had has not lived up to my expectations.

Having said that, I'm only holding onto the M8 until the G3 is released. That is going to be my new "forever" phone. LOL :D

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still just as much in love with it as when I first got it, and I bought mine on launch day. Amazing phone that works flawlessly

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I got a developer edition and it's worth every penny. I'm finally happy with an Android device and feel like I got my money's worth this time . I'm coming from a GS4 and will never again make the mistake of getting another Samsung phone until they up thier game. The M8 without a doubt is the best Android device on the market.

ShivaYsr

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Using my M8 for almost 15 days & its really stunning :)
Everything in this device is Top class.
One major problem i face is "My M8 gets heated up too bad while charging i.e i cant even hold it or make a call immediately after unplugging it from the charger, I'm unhappy with that :("

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Using my M8 for almost 15 days & its really stunning :)
Everything in this device is Top class.
One major problem i face is "My M8 gets heated up too bad while charging i.e i cant even hold it or make a call immediately after unplugging it from the charger, I'm unhappy with that :("

I had that problem.try a factory reset and also put it in power saver when you charge

AMcKinley12

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Loving this phone! Also, another great aspect is that it has a built in FM radio tuner, which I use for the free app NextRadio. I'm a radio lover and this new app is extremely interactive and innovative (especially for radio) which I appreciate. This does not affect the M8's data or battery life because the tuner is already in the phone. :cool:

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I love everything about the phone except that it takes a little extra effort to take a good, non-macro photo.

Otherwise, great build quality and sense is still the best skin to use other than stock android!