First Trial Run on my HTC One M8 Extreme Power Saver.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So far, I am using my fine generally moderately to light. I am really just testing the limits to what's practical for me. So far so good.image.jpg

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
As you can see, nearly 22 hours so far on 65% battery life. I will let you know, I turned it on at 100% to test using the basic features. I can tell you, they are nice to have. Texts, calls, voicemail, email, calendar, and calculator. You can also have functionality with your lock screen widgets too, which was a surprise. You cannot go to the home screen, use the web browser, and your motion controls are disabled, as well as your background data.

Want to know how to go into your main phone settings? You know you can, and here's the only loop hole I found. Press on the Dialer App, then press the menu icon (three vertical dots), then tap settings. Now, you will notice you are only in call settings, yes, BUT you are now close to pressing only one button to open the door. See the word, 'call' up top, and the back arrow....press it. Poof! Settings. Now from here, you still cannot go to the home screen. Keep in mind, with some settings turned off, by the new battery mode, you might get some force close errors. Ie, trying to change the wallpaper on the home screen. You'll notice certain features are disabled in settings, so as not to disturb the battery mode's current job on saving you battery.

Have fun!

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So you're basically doing a whole charge in extreme battery saving mode and seeing how long it lasts?

Not exactly. I have been using my phone for phone calls, text, and email. Have four pages of lock screen widgets too: Facebook, Twitter, playing music, and Android Central. I exit out of the EBS mode when I need to use a few apps, and the web, or youtube.
Then on the other hand, I'm doing my best to just let my phone sit in this mode as long as I can, and without using airplane mode or turning off data. The EBS mode does a great job for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Oh I see. That's a good idea. I'd imagine it slightly hinders your efficiency but in the name of saving battery!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So, I really worked this over, and I found it fun to test it out. However, even though I used my phone a good deal, I would say it is not as practical as I'd like. If it was my primary phone, ithe EPS would be used sometimes. Probably overnight, and for long periods without use of my phone.

Anyhow, I think making the phone last this long was quite surprising. Right now, I am using my phone more regularly. Currently, I'm at 67% and 1 day, 13 hrs on a new charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol