Can you select location access by app?

Davemcc

May 16, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the location function is an on/off function for all apps. I would like to allow some apps (like a phone finder) and deny other apps access to location. Is this possible?

Google, Facebook, etc. do not need to know my location however much they think they would like to.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the location function is an on/off function for all apps. I would like to allow some apps (like a phone finder) and deny other apps access to location. Is this possible?

Google, Facebook, etc. do not need to know my location however much they think they would like to.

Download this. It allows you to set or deny any permissions for each app, including location. Just don't go crazy with it.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ch.android.tools.appopsstarter&token=EJPhZXFI

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Davemcc

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Download this. It allows you to set or deny any permissions for each app, including location. Just don't go crazy with it.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ch.android.tools.appopsstarter&token=e7ep6-O0

Thanks. I notice on that app's page the following: "Update: Google has removed all possibilities to start the "App Ops" on non-rooted Android 4.4.2 devices. Until today no backdoor was found to give you easy access to this feature."

Would this mean that this app will not work on my phone in it's factory condition?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I notice on that app's page the following: "Update: Google has removed all possibilities to start the "App Ops" on non-rooted Android 4.4.2 devices. Until today no backdoor was found to give you easy access to this feature."

Would this mean that this app will not work on my phone in it's factory condition?

No. It works. I use it on this device in factory condition.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I might have. I denied location to pretty much everything except Lookout and Weather Widget.:D

I meant don't go denying everything to the point where your apps won't even work. Lol but sounds good! Its always worked well for me.

Davemcc

May 16, 2014
Visit site
The other major issue I have is when using Bluetooth music in a Sync with MyFord system. It won't let me use the skip song buttons. I can't stand listening to certain songs if I'm not in the mood for them but I can't skip them using this phone with my version of Sync. I've tried with both of my 2013 Fords and neither works with that function. However, it works fine with the Alpine stereo in my wife's vehicle so it's probably not the phone.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
The other major issue I have is when using Bluetooth music in a Sync with MyFord system. It won't let me use the skip song buttons. I can't stand listening to certain songs if I'm not in the mood for them but I can't skip them using this phone with my version of Sync. I've tried with both of my 2013 Fords and neither works with that function. However, it works fine with the Alpine stereo in my wife's vehicle so it's probably not the phone.

That could just be a software conflict with that particular system. That stinks though. There could always be a software update to fix that though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol