Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

raiderrobert

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Carrier: T-Mobile; Model: HTC One m8; Android version 4.4.2; HTC Sense version: 6.0; Software Number: 1.57.531.7; HTC SDK API level: 6.17.

I have the same issue, but my only solution is to keep it on "Over Wi-Fi or mobile network". Even if I switch over every Wi-Fi location to being a normal Wi-Fi connection inside of the Data Manager, I still get this problem.

So I'm going to let it all upload for now with this mobile network switched on, and try to figure out later how to fix this.

mlynch01

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Wow, I was having the same issue and this worked for me. Unchecked the mobile Hotspot and like magic it worked. I couldn't figure out why for the life of me the uploads were stuck! Thanks for this.

Posted via Android Central App

Nomaed

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you rickms80 for the catch. I can confirm the same problem (and solution) on the M7 since the last update.
The only difference is the path: Settings > More > Data usage > [menu] > Mobile Hotspots

iamstillvince

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
have similar issue but not case for me, it just gets stuck sometimes and keeps trying, uses battery like crazy when this happens. gonna go back to charging only and try that

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
so the fix didn't work for me. i am on the m7. and checking the box for charging only doesn't work, it still tries to upload without being connected. and it is sucking battery and screwing up my wifi.

any other thoughts?

Maaraneasi

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
so the fix didn't work for me. i am on the m7. and checking the box for charging only doesn't work, it still tries to upload without being connected. and it is sucking battery and screwing up my wifi.

any other thoughts?

m7 here as well... got it working !only! when checked wi-fi and cellular data.
It doesn't sync when set to WiFi only even when properly connected and unchecked the mobile hotspot.

Newcron

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I'm on an M7 myself and I've been scratching my head for a while there and that 'mobile hotspot' marks in the wrong places is definitely the cause! Thanks so much for rickms80 who solved this mystery!

For those of you who are still stuck with autoupload only working when 'wifi and cellular data' being checked, try this:

1. remove incorrect 'mobile hotspot' checks on your regular wifi connections
2. switch autobackup to 'wifi only'
3. turn off autobackup
4. turn wifi off
5. turn wifi back on
6. turn autobackup back on

Now everything should work!

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I'm on an M7 myself and I've been scratching my head for a while there and that 'mobile hotspot' marks in the wrong places is definitely the cause! Thanks so much for rickms80 who solved this mystery!

For those of you who are still stuck with autoupload only working when 'wifi and cellular data' being checked, try this:

3. turn off autobackup
4. turn wifi off
5. turn wifi back on

Didn't do the trick for me.

Edit: actually I may have spoken to soon. Appears all are now backed up. So thanks!

Nicolas Cueto

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

3. turn off autobackup
4. turn wifi off
5. turn wifi back on

Finally! My thanks too to rickms80.

eickejn

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I've been racking my brain for DAYS trying to figure out why my autobackup stopped! This worked perfectly on my M7!! You are a lifesaver!:):):):):):):):)

WarningU2

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

3. turn off autobackup
4. turn wifi off
5. turn wifi back on

==========
THANK YOU! This has been annoying me for weeks. The above work around worked. Anyone reported this to HTC? I'm using HTC One from Bell Canada.

oneroan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

3. turn off autobackup
4. turn wifi off
5. turn wifi back on

Thx a lot.
It works on my upgraded m7.
I finally got all the photos backed up.

Jakobud

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile HTC One m8 here. This fix worked for me as well. I have no idea why all (most) of the wifi networks were marked as mobile hotspots all the sudden. I haven't seen any auto backup of photos for over a month now and after unchecking the mobile hotspots, all my images are backing up again. Thank you!

Daniel Curti

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I found it! Data manager had marked every access point I've used as Mobile Hotspot. Unchecked them all and now WiFi only sync works.

Go to Data Manager hit menu then Mobile Hotspots. Checkout the screenshots.

You are just great. I was already done everything since restart the phone, delete account, delete cache, etc. Unsuccessfully.

Just one remark that Nomaed already done about the path after last updated, which is Settings > More > Data usage > [menu] > Mobile Hotspots

Thanks again!

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
many thanks again. just switched to the m8, same problem was happening, came back here, found the instructions and now it's working a-ok.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams