Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what happened recently but the Auto Backup in the Google+ Photos app has not been working for me. It just says "backing up... 9 left" and never backs up the photos. It's been working fine up until a few days ago. I have plenty of space on my google account.
I cleared out the apps data cache, didn't seem to help. Anyone else having issues recently? Any other suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what happened recently but the Auto Backup in the Google+ Photos app has not been working for me. It just says "backing up... 9 left" and never backs up the photos. It's been working fine up until a few days ago. I have plenty of space on my google account.
I cleared out the apps data cache, didn't seem to help. Anyone else having issues recently? Any other suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you checking it when your battery is low?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dogmann

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi LordGreylock,

Its been reported on various sites that some of the Google services are and have been having issues over the last few days that seems to be what may be causing your issues.

Marc

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi LordGreylock,

Its been reported on various sites that some of the Google services are and have been having issues over the last few days that seems to be what may be causing your issues.

Marc

Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard about that, but it may indeed be my issue.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm also seeing this issue. Just shows Backing Up...11 left and not moving. I'm on WiFi.

My Battery is low with only 25% at the moment. I just put it on the charger to see if that is the issue.

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine still refuses to back up. Been like this for days now. I went through all the typical troubleshooting. Still hoping it will just resolve itself and it's on the back-end.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine still refuses to back up. Been like this for days now. I went through all the typical troubleshooting. Still hoping it will just resolve itself and it's on the back-end.

Yeah.... I switched to backup Over Wi-Fi or mobile network and it uploaded the photos. It did use my WiFi when it uploaded the photos. I switched it back to WiFi only and took another pic and of course it's stuck.... I don't know...

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.... I switched to backup Over Wi-Fi or mobile network and it uploaded the photos. It did use my WiFi when it uploaded the photos. I switched it back to WiFi only and took another pic and of course it's stuck.... I don't know...

Ha, yep I just tried that and it worked, then back on Wifi only, doesn't work. Unfortunately my data plan is pretty low so I definitely don't want to upload these photos over that connection.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'll post if I here something. FYI...Was working fine today until I reset my phone... Frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I found it! Data manager had marked every access point I've used as Mobile Hotspot. Unchecked them all and now WiFi only sync works.

Go to Data Manager hit menu then Mobile Hotspots. Checkout the screenshots.

Attachments

• 4073.jpg
    4073.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 4074.jpg
    4074.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 72

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Question. Which carrier branded version do you have or unlocked? Wondering if this is just an at&t thing. I of course have the at&t branded version.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So I think it does this since the last OTA enabling Extreme Power-saving mode.. Any new Wireless Networks I connect to are marked as mobile hotspots. Once I uncheck them they're never marked again. Only if I delete the network and reconnect is when it checks it again.

Does yours exhibit that behavior?

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
So I think it does this since the last OTA enabling Extreme Power-saving mode.. Any new Wireless Networks I connect to are marked as mobile hotspots. Once I uncheck them they're never marked again. Only if I delete the network and reconnect is when it checks it again.

Does yours exhibit that behavior?

I can confirm this is exactly what mine is doing, it's extremely frustrating when I'm on new wifi networks.

Pat1222

May 28, 2014
Visit site
The hotspot thing worked for me too. Now that it's a "true" wifi connection, it will upload automatically. The only lasting problem is that I have a few weeks of pictures/videos that have not uploaded due to this issue that I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to force upload. Google+ says auto backup is up to date. I've done the "back up all" command a few times with no luck. Google+ sees the photos on the phone but can't "see" them to upload. No idea what's wrong. Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463